Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #184 - Scaphotator

Created using DNA from: Diplotator and Scaphognathus.

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: TBA.
Health: 3600.
Damage: 1200.
Speed: 127.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Nullifying Strike.
Distracting Impact.
Swoop.
Regeneration.
Swap in Wound.

The last new hybrid from the 1.11 ice age expansion. I’m not sure how to classify this one,. She looks reasonable for an Epic but seems more like a nuisance opponent to me than anything really worthwhile.Nullification and Distraction are just annoying but… Swoop? I don’t see no wings on this one… :thinking:

What are your thoughts on this new hybrid?

1 Like

I’ve used it, it’s very lackluster. Not much damage output, though Swap in Wound and Swoop make for a good combo. Although I’d say Thyla would still be a better bleeder thanks to more survivability and damage output.

3 Likes

Love the design but it needs a big buff on its moveset
My sujestion:
Get ride of regen and swoop and fuse then on a single move
(Regen and swoop) cleanse,regen 50%HP, 0.2damage DOT for 3 turns, auto swap) delay 1 turn
Give it ferocious strike or
Defense shatering impact or dsrampage
Buff its speed to 128

2 Likes

I’m a little disappointed it doesn’t use the pterosaur design, but it’s current design is pretty nice.

5 Likes

It’s just as beautiful as the Diplotator. I love it and I will make it work on my team. Somehow.

2 Likes

Personally, I think we have enough of these fast swoopers. Vexus, Spinota, Scaphognathus, Scaphotator, Darwin, Darwez and Daryx is already a good-sized list. I think a slower, bulkier swooper would be cool.

That way, if you know you can take a hit, you can swoop safely into the next dino. That’ll make SIAs like SI-stun and especially SI-Nullification more usable (being stunned that way would be pretty annoying, lol—that’s a free hit on an already bleeding creature).
The best part is, even if the next creature has no SIA, it’s still safe to swoop. It could have a support role, be more of a team-playing dino.

Other than a slow creature, the only option to get that sort of effect would be to create an anti-priority move of sorts, one that always goes last. Now that would be interesting to see, because you’d be able to move first to distract the opponent, then move second to swoop. That would work on Scaphotator.

Edit: And why stop there? You could give bulky creatures other hit-and run moves too.

1 Like

I wish they would change the body design more

1 Like

Its really a worst version of pterovexus…

CONS !

He is 2 point slower
He have 540 less HP
He have the same damage
He don’t have immunity
He don’t have nullifying impact but nullifying strike

AND the difference between these both!
One have egeneration,the other have pinning strike…
So clearly,just go for vexus,don’t waste your time with him

Somehow,he need a buff to make a difference with vexus and not doing another “monolometrodon which is a nerf version of magnapyrritor”

1 Like

I like that. It allows newer players to have a taste of the versatility of some of the endgame dinos like Magna and Vexus, while not gaining access to something inappropriate for their trophy level.
As long as it’s not repeated too many times.

1 Like

maybe but we are talking about superhybrids and epic or unique ,a superhybrid should stay strong

1 Like

Just call it “off brand pterovexus”

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Rarity: Epic.
Tier: Apex Low.
Health: 3600.
Damage: 1100.
Speed: 127.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Nullifying Strike.
Distracting Impact.
Swoop.
Regeneration.
Swap in Wound.

Scaphotator has seen a slight damage decrease but otherwise remains the same. Unfortunately with this hybrid I still hold to my original opinion, that she is a nuisance opponent rather than a real threat. She just doesn’t have enough of a damage output to back up her other abilities. Not really sure how she can be regarded as an Apex tier creature at all. Whenever I have faced one, it is annoying but is swiftly defeated. Saying that though, I do like it. Sometimes you want to be the nuisance and she does that well.

What are your thoughts on this hybrid in the current game?

This is a dino I really ‘want to like’. The idea behind it seems really cool.

Swap-in, Regenerate, Swoop out. I think the stats just don’t quite cut it. This is a high-skill dino to be sure. I feel like people would be better served bring it in for a revenge kill, distracting the next dino, swooping out into something. Swapping in later, regenerating and hopefully surviving for something else.

With an extra 100-200 HP and maybe 100 damage, I feel like this could be formidable.

2 Likes