Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #188 - Dilophoboa

80991517_1757962391004584_3782134959473426432_o

Apologies but I couldn’t find a decent picture.

Rarity: Legendary.
Metahub Tier: TBA.
Health: 3510.
Damage: 1100.
Speed: 117.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 10%

Pinning Strike.
Precise Rampage.
Nullifying Impact.
Sidestep.
On Escape Evasive Strike.
Immune to Distraction.
Venomous Counter.

Created by combining Dilophosaurus Gen2 and Titanoboa. Her DNA can be used to create Spinoconstrictor.

At time of writing this no one has Dilophoboa yet so we can only look at the stat block and try to reason how good she will be. Stat wise I think she looks reasonable although with less health that I might like for a legendary rarity. With those abilities though I think she will be like all the new snakes, meant to be a good counter with a mix of anti swap, anti dodge and nullifiying. I don’t think Dilophoboa will be amazing but will be a possible strong addition to the right team.

What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

I like its design and yeah it deserves more hp

4 Likes

Also, why does venomous counter not do damage? It’s just a distract and lockdown counter it ain’t a nulling counter or something

1 Like

I think I’ll nickname it “Venom”

1 Like

I wanna see what its sideslither animation would look like

1 Like

Same here. Could be… interesting… :snake:

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Tier: Alpha Low.
Health: 3300.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 117.

Pinning Strike.
Precise Rampage.
Nullifying Impact.
Sidestep.
Immune to Distraction.
Venomous Counter.

Since her first appearance Dilophoboa has seen a small drop in health and damage but otherwise she remains as she was. Now, I think her stats are okay and she remains a good counter to a few counter just like the other snakes. I stick with what I said before, she’s good but not amazing. She’ll do well on the right team.

What are your thoughts on this hybrid snake in the current game?

So far seems like not many have it, and the ones that do have it I’ve usually had no problem defeating theirs. One time I even hit it with a bleed from Spyx and it died.

1 Like

If only it got decent stats, 4200 hp and 1400 attack isn’t game breaking

2 Likes

Interesting design. Have only used it a couple of times in strike events. Definitely can hold it’s own in battle.

1 Like

Yeah, but then gets revenge killed and then oof

1 Like

Its better than most people give her credit for.

1 Like

Really disappointed with this dino. Here you are with a snake with massive health and a dino with massive attack. And the result, an underwhelming abomination. Though I might say, love the design of having a snake with dilo frill. Just like the strictor, massive potential wasted.

2 Likes

93372651_10157276041802379_8857603005495640064_n

Tier: Alpha High.
Health: 3300.
Damage: 1100.
Speed: 124.

Cunning Strike.
Precise Rampage.
Nullifying Impact.
Sidestep.
Venomous Counter.

Resistant to crit reduction (100%, distraction (100%), speed decrease (50%), stun (67%), swap prevention (75%) and taunt (100%).

Following the 2.0 update Dilophoboa has seen a small damage increase and she has become much faster. The only change to her abilities has been to replace pinning strike with cunning strike. Otherwise Dilophoboa seems the same as she was before. The speed and damage increase is nice and she has some resistances now, but has she really been improved? Going by the comments since she was introduced she’s a bit undecided.

I might be wrong but I don’t think she is a Raid creature. Neither the damage nor the abilities are right to take on bosses in my opinion.

What are your thoughts on Dilophoboa after 2.0 and how is she best used?

I have used dilophoboa in the mammotherium raid, and we won. The cunning strike and distracting counter really helps with pfs, and the null impact helped remove the shields when allosino uses armor piercing impact. Also, it can deal with the dodge minion thanks to the immunity and precise rampage. In the arena, it’s not the best

1 Like