maxresdefault

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: TBA.
Health: 3980.
Damage: 1200.
Speed: 122.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Made with DNA from Megaloceros and Miragaia.

Shielded Decelerating Strike.
Bellow.
Dig In.
Decelerating Impact.
Immune to Deceleration.
Armour Piercing Counter.

Megalogaia has a fairly decent stat line and an interesting set of powers, although nothing overly damaging. She seems at first glance to be a one trick pony, built around slowing the opponent down and ensuring that you go before them. I may be wrong but I don’t think she will be in top team builds but will be a handy creature for the right team, maybe mid-level Arena.

What are your thoughts on this cenozoic hybrid?

2 Likes

I’ve tried it out in Campaign, and there’s something about that counter animation that’s off.

I think it’s the same with Entelodon’s Definite Strike, where the opponent doesn’t actually get hit until the part of the animation where the it comes back to its original position, so it feels like it’s drawing out the match whenever the animation is triggered.

Since that’s multiple times each turn, and looking at its moveset, this really is a stalling hybrid.

Megalogaia will probably be a threat to anything that can’t damage it faster than it recovers health, rather like Miragaia, except it isn’t left open on the turn it recovers HP, both because of shields and Immunity to Decel. It’ll probably do well against most tanks and speedsters, plus, unlike Miragaia, chances are it’ll get an extra hit off on the next creature too.

2 Likes

it does surprisingly well. I’ve tried he out in a friendly and there isn’t much she can’t handle. (to either defeat or severely weaken.)
i think bellow is kinda counter productive with her shielded decel strike. I feel something else could in that slot, however I can’t really think of anything.

3 Likes

I’ve had really bad luck with fusing, so I’m still a little bit short. From what I see, she looks to be a pretty good hybrid that will probably stall a lot of users up against her.

I can see Megalogaia being one of the stars in skill legendary tournaments.

2 Likes

Precise Decel Strike perhaps? Maybe I’ve just got Indoraptors on the brain though :thinking:.

Regeneration is the only of its parents’ moves it doesn’t have, and I do think that would be better than Bellow, but two Regen moves would be a first.

Of course you could always give it Thagomizer or Slowing Impact for extra damage. If Dsungaia can get it from Miragaia, Megalogaia can too.

2 Likes

I haven’t really tried her out yet, but I can imagine Bellow + Dig In being fatal to a lot of creatures, especially with the higher than average damage for a counter-attacker. Shielded Decelerating Strike and Decelerating Impact is always nice to have with also being Immune to Deceleration. I don’t think the loss of 10% armor hurts her too much, since she has 3 shielding moves anyway.

Overall, I’m pleased with this creature.

2 Likes

I wanna see who slows better, megalogia vs dsungia

1 Like

Used it in a strike tower. This Moose from Hades kicks major butt.

2 Likes

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Tier: Apex Low.
Health: 3960.
Damage: 1110.

Bellow.
Dig In.
Decelerating Impact.
Immune to Deceleration.
Armour Piercing Counter.

Megalogaia has seen a small reduction in both health and damage from her first appearance but otherwise remains unchanged. I have not played nor faced this hybrid so I still don’t fully know how well she does or doesn’t do but I’d say now that she is still a one trick pony but one that can if played right put out a fair damage while keeping herself alive. Is she really Apex though? At first glance I would say no as I think she’ll just chomped by the big creatures. I’d like to face one to see for myself though.

What are your thoughts on this hybrid in the current game?

In tournament it beats Carbonemys, Procerathomimus, and even Indominus Rex G2.

1 Like

Megalogia loses to indom. Indom goes MF then cloak and wins 100% of the time

1 Like

Most of the ones I’ve fought didn’t seem to bother with that, so I just kept putting up shields and regenning lol.

1 Like

Ah, the classic megalogia play

1 Like

That strat might fail (idk I didn’t look) if Gaia doesn’t pierce dodge, if it does it could be nasty for indom

On a side note, last tournament there was a guy who had an alanqa on his team just to counter indom. You can guess how I won

1 Like

I think it was because my opponents didn’t know how to deal with Megalogaia, as not many people use it. It’s also funny how it can be used to outsmart purutaurus by refraining from attacking most of the time and staying defensive, watching puru own itself. Also turning puru’s trapping ability against itself.

1 Like

No escape: Buffing counter attackers since jwa 1.12

2 Likes

maxresdefault

Tier: TBA.
Health: 3750.
Damage: 1000.

Bellow.
Dig In.
Decelerating Impact,
Decelerating Counter.

Resistant to speed decrease (75%) and vulnerable (75%).

Megalogaia has lost a chunk of health and damage again for some reason. Otherwise she remains unchanged in the stats department. Her abilities have not changed with the exception of her counter attack which now slows rather than ignores armour. Megalogaia still feels like a one trick pony and even more so with another decelerating ability. I still don’t seem to face her in the Arena so I don’t know quite how good she is or isn’t right now.

I may be wrong again but looking at her collective stats and abilities, I think she would be a very niche option for Raids, being there for the slowing attacks but I would assume there are better options for Raids.

What are your thoughts on Megalogaia now and how would you use her?

2 Likes

Well, sometimes when hybrids get nerfed, that would usually be a sign that a super hybrid is on the way, and I’m not sure about any of you, but I’d like to see megalogia get a hybrid with either skolosaurus or nodosaurus

1 Like

Interesting. An armour plated stag?

1 Like

Precisely.