Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #192 : Eucladoceros

tZv8A6zJNWvLhPR0w9biEgMUOP5o22wVOW6-UxKU9hIQKYII0xagVZyFMJd6ZOctcy-6qHLdFBNFiT_MNxp-dJSf7qJHv1uajaJ0iLlJ6HEAUhFmjKR5LqmYJSAOpWhmyIQ9HweM

Eucladoceros (Greek for “well-branched antler”) or bush-antlered deer is an extinct genus of deer whose fossils have been discovered in Europe, the Middle East and Central Asia. Eucladoceros was a large deer, reaching 2.5 metres (8.2 ft) in body length and standing about 1.8 metres (5.9 ft) tall at the shoulder, only slightly smaller than a modern moose. It had a spectacular set of antlers which split into twelve tines per pedicle, and were up to 1.7 metres (5.6 ft) wide.

The most distinctive feature of Eucladoceros was its comb-like antlers, especially in E. ctenoides. E. dicranios is the most evolved species of the genus, with a dichotomous branching of each antler tine. Eucladoceros was the first deer genus to have highly evolved antlers; however its cranial shape and dental morphology remained primitive.

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: TBA.
Health: 4080.
Damage: 1200.
Speed: 128.
Defence: 10%
Critical chance: 5%

DNA can be used for: Testacornibus.

Shielded Decelerating Strike.
Superiority Impact.
Dig In.
Swap in Heal.
Immune to Deceleration.

Eucladoceros is a new cenozoic mammal being a similar creature to it’s relative Megaloceros. Comparing the two they are very similar. Eucladoceros instead gets an ability to slow and distract (Megaloceros only gets the slow). I’m not sure what to make of it yet myself. Just seems too similar to Megaloceros both in stats and abilities.

What are your thoughts on this new cenozoic deer?

4 Likes

I’m not quite sure what to make of it. It looks to be mainly a speed control tank (that’s a very fast tank). I hav yet to actually get it yet, so i’ll save they battle statistics to those who have.

1 Like

You could be right and that is the expected role but until we see her in action we won’t know.

I also have not see her either. I often finish work during the dusk cycle and walking home lately I keep hoping that one will pop up but alas nothing so far. I believe one of my Alliance has seen one but hasn’t been able to complete yet to share with the rest of us. :frowning:

at least they are in epic incubators as a last ditched effort.

1 Like

That is probably what I will have to do.

:flushed: My eyes got really wide when I saw a picture of that fossil.

As Darth Vader would say

I hope to find one soon. I plan on launching a giga scent later. :blush::crossed_fingers::deer:

1 Like

Same here. I had not heard of this creature before so I was surprised by the antlers too.

1 Like

Definitely would not want to get head butted by it! In the game or real life. Lol :laughing:

the image reminded me of the Bush antlered deer (i played zoo tycoon 2 for a long time.) I went to look it up and what do you know. The Eucladoceros popped up. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Tbh I feel like this antlers were more of a hinderance than actual weapons.

They were like huge and quite heavy so you won’t be able to Swiftly turn and charge at predators especially it’s more like a grill in which they go in a like arc shape so it you really couldn’t have pointed them toward I feel it would just be easy prey if you were smart enough to take from behind

Also probably had to live on the plains since it could go into the trees or forests for cover like in that episode of walking wit beats

1 Like

idk. Moose are still formidable with their set. So this thing swinging its head to one side would do considerable damage. It probably should be slower on the speed due to it being more top heavy.

1 Like
3 Likes

Ya but you compares moose to this you can see that they have to loose them in the winter which is like the most bloodiest thing ya ever seen but I digress lol

Lol like comparing the the the moose it’s just more in control of it head compared to the deer

1 Like

Lol yup that’s the one

1 Like

Psychological intimidation? :grinning::deer:

Eucladoceros: Don’t mess with me. I have a serious pair of antlers!

Maybe it like when you compare the ceratopsians

1 Like

you sure it isn’t cleanse distraction?

u sure megaloceros can counter-attack?

1 Like

My Dad told me story about how he once went jogging in Yellowstone and he saw a moose. They both kind of looked at each other and then went their separate ways. I can’t imagine how amazing and terrifying it is to see an animal that big. :flushed:

2 Likes

Some like torosaurus, chasmosaurus, and pentaceratops had huge frill but they were hollow one chomp and they would easy be broken or snapped.

Compare that to triceratops his frill was pure solid bone not only that it was thick and had no hole this thing couple fight and take damage more at least compared to almost every other ceratopsian

2 Likes