Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #196 - Arctops

0 car

Arctops was a South African gorgonopsid of the late Permian,‭ ‬but there is now a question over the validity of the genus.‭ ‬It has been considered that Arctops may be the adult form of Scylacognathus,‭ ‬another gorgonopsid that was named a year earlier than Arctops. It measured up to 2 metres (6 ft 7 in) in length and its skull was 30 centimetres (12 in) long.

Rarity: Rare.
Metahub Tier: TBA.
Health: 3000.
Damage: 1300.
Speed: 131
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Distraction.
Rampage.
Revenge Distracting Strike.
Immune to Distraction.

This new gorgonopsid looks quite tasty to me. Good damage, distraction and she is very fast on her feet. I can see this creature being played a lot more and a lot longer than Inostrancevia. She isn’t perfect but she’ll play very nicely I think and that revenge attack is really nice. At present I don’t think she has become available in the game so it’s going to be hard to figure out exactly how good she is until she does make an appearance.

What are your thoughts on this stem-mammal in the game?

8 Likes

looks good on paper in terms of stats and abilities. And again the artwork looks great. Just wondering how long we have to wait to find her.

2 Likes

Hopefully not too long.

Find the epic inclubater

1 Like

I like the stats on this thing. Looks like it can tare up the rare tournaments

Disappointed it’s yet another exclusive. I do like the design, though. I think she could be useful in tournaments.

2 Likes

Artist Unknown.

Rarity: Rare.
Metahub Tier: Alpha Low
Health: 3000.
Damage: 1350.
Speed: 131
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Distraction.
Revenge Distracting Strike.
Rampage.

Resistant to crit reduction (100%) and distraction (100%).

Arctops being one of our more recent additions has changed very little since her first appearance. Health has seen a slight increase and she is also immune to having a criticals reduced. I think Arctops was most likely a tester for the 2.0 update.

I find Arctops an okay choice for perhaps low to mud leven players but remains a creature that is easily replaced. The fact that Arctops remains an exclusive isn’t helping on that front. Maybe she’ll get a good hybrid one day and that’s why she’s so hidden away from us for now.

Arctops is certainly no Raid option. No team abilities and not enough of a damage output.

What are your thoughts on Arctops under 2.0 and what is she good for now?

1 Like