Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #198 - Scutosaurus

0 car

Unlike other pareiasaurs, Scutosaurus’s orientation of the legs was more under the body as opposed to out to the side. This gave Scutosaurus a much taller stance and would be more suitable for a creature that may have spent its time searching for suitable vegetation to eat in the arid environment of the time.

Scutosaurus had a heavy frame of bones supported by a network of powerful muscles. This in turn was covered by a tough hide that was covered with osteoderms for enhanced armour, providing it with its best defence as it was not an animal built for speed. The teeth inside its mouth were evolved for grinding the arid vegetation of the time before being processed in the gut. Scutosaurus had exceptional hearing and may have been able to bellow loudly to call others of its species.

scutosaurus-size

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: TBA.
Health: 4800.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 116.
Defence: 25%
Critical chance: 5%

Superiority Strike.
Revenge Decelerating Impact.
Revenge Protection.
Immune to Deceleration.
Immune to Stuns.

The last new Permian creature added in 1.14 was Scutosaurus. At first glance she doesn’t look too bad but not Epic material. Outside of Revenge, there isn’t enough damage from this one. Far too protective I guess. Perhaps she is a prototype to showcase where Revenge abilities could go? Until we get a chance to play her fully she looks a little underwhelming to me.

What are your thoughts on this Permian reptile?

6 Likes

Well, I was just about to say that I still haven’t seen this one in the wild, but crazily one popped up as I was getting ready to respond!

I agree though, the damage is a bit underwhelming. Even with revenge attacks, I don’t think you can do a great deal of damage with her.

1 Like

I have only found three in the wild and one of those came from a gigascent this afternoon.

Scuto is a powerful tank for a nonhybrid. Without doubt better than poor Anky. Shouldn’t have partials tho

With so many chompers in the game at the moment and shield breakers, is she any better really?

Nothing weird in chompers beating Scuto. After all, he’s a tank which should be beaten by them. He counters speedsters or other nonshatterers well, so he’s fine. Especially with revenge up

1 Like

Artist Unknown

Rarity: Epic.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 4800.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 116.
Defence: 25%
Critical chance: 5%

Resilient Strike.
Revenge Decelerating Strike.
Revenge Protection.

Resistant to speed decrease (100%) and stun (100%).

Scutosaurus has seen no changes to her stat line while in her abilities she is now a resilient creature rather than superior one. On the whole Scutosaurus remains a fairly average creature in my mind. With revenge she can have her moments but I think she’ll be an early use Epic rather than a creature you will continue to field. Being resilient makes her a little better than she was as it gives her something to handle dodge based creatures but I fear she is too slow to make any real use of it even with a decelerating attack.

I don’t think Scutosaurus is a good choice for Raid battles but she’ll do fair in the tournaments I think and maybe that is her place.

What are your thoughts on Scutosaurus after recent updates and how would you use her now?

1 Like