Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #211 - Sonorasaurus

u-g-PZGCEX0
Artist Unknown

Sonorasaurus may look like an atypical brachiosaurid dinosaur‭ (‬as in similar to the famous Brachiosaurus‭)‬,‭ ‬but the genus actually represents the first known example of a brachiosaurid dinosaur in North America during the Cretaceous,‭ ‬specifically around the early/late Cretaceous boundary.‭ ‬This is yet further evidence that counters the now outdated theory that the sauropods/titanosaurs died out in North America by the Cretaceous period.‭ ‬Granted they do not seem to be as common as they were during the late Jurassic,‭ ‬but they were certainly not absent.

Sonorasaurus was named after the Sonora Desert of Arizona,‭ ‬while the type species name,‭ ‬S.‭ ‬thompsoni is named in honour of Richard Thompson who as a geology student first discovered the Sonorasaurus holotype fossils back in‭ ‬1995.

sonorasaurus-size

Rarity: Epic.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 5400.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 105
Critical: 5%
Armour: 0%

Resilient Strike.
Taunting Vulnerability.
Devastation.
Medium Resilient Counter-Attack.

Resistant to speed decrease (100%), taunt (100%) and vulnerable (100%).

Sonorasaurus is a fairly unknown dinosaur and not one that I had ever heard of. Sonorasaurus stands out as having good health but the rest of her stats strike me as somewhat disappointing for an Epic rarity. Especially her damage which seems far too low. As for her abilities, with the exception of an awesome devastation, Sonorasaurus is lacking really. I just hope that she gets a hybrid to make her worthwhile.

I don’t think Sonorasaurus looks good for Raids either. She doesn’t really have the abilities to be useful if you ask me. Prove me wrong. :slight_smile:

What are your thoughts on Sonorasaurus and how would you use her?

Hope they don’t pull a scolo and make her unobtainable for 3 months.

3 Likes

That is what worries me too. Not a fan of exclusives.

With that counter though, it’s 1500 every turn, and it will usually be faster. It’s a top tier epic in my eyes

1 Like

That’s one way to look it I suppose. Good point.

It seems kind of like the turtle, but with a different kind of swap-utility. Without a setup, it’ll be easy enough to counter. With a setup it’ll beat the chompers, like Diplodocus does.
I don’t see why they don’t just give the bleeders Immunity to Decel now. They have stuff to counter, but they haven’t been given the proper abilities to do it effectively.

1 Like

it is good…why is it EXCLUSIVE???
exclusive
like allo gen 2
now its almost impossible to get!!!
THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN WITH SONORASAURUS

1 Like

and for the record i have heard of sonorasaurus

I don’t think she should be an exclusive either. At least we didn’t have to wait too long to get a chance to complete her, and once we did they went into sanctuaries for all to get.

pull a scolo…?

as in scolosaurus?

Yes. It took months before we ever saw Scolosaurus make an appearance.

needs a buff and a hybrid
hopefully with a new creature to hopefully come (arizonasaurus)

1 Like

As a brachiosaur, I don’t see why it has no armor. It has the same problem as maxima, being a brachiosaur lacking armor, which is a bigger weakness for them. Being the more defensive of the sauropod types, I think every brachiosaur needs armor.

1 Like

Pretty solid epic, especially with the way TV works, as it allows for a nasty devastation and that counter to be insane

1 Like

I have yet to use mine so maybe that’s why she seems disappointing on paper.

I live in Arizona!

1 Like

What is scolo.

scolo
n
sco-low
to pull a scolo: to make unavailable for a long time
*They pulled a scolo on Plateosaurus!"

2 Likes

MegistotheriumProfile

Rarity: Epic.
Tier: Alpha - Low.
Health: 5250.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 105
Critical: 5%
Armour: 0%

Resilient Strike.
Taunting Vulnerability.
Devastation.
Medium Resilient Counter-Attack.

Resistant to speed decrease (100%), taunt (100%) and vulnerable (100%).

Sonorasaurus has lost a little bit of health for some reason but otherwise remains unchanged. Not sure why she needed the health drop as I think has made a slightly disappointing Epic less desirable. Locked away as an exclusive hasn’t helped. Ultimately I think Sonorasaurus remains fairly average for an Epic rarity and I think she is likely to be used more as a DNA farm for Skoonasaurus rather than anything else,

What do you think about Sonorasaurus after the recent update?

2 Likes

I thought this would fix her a bit