Speed: 114
Armour: 30%
Critical: 20%

Resilient Strike.
Group Acceleration.
Acute Stun.
Precise Rampage.
Swap in Stunning Strike.

Resistant to speed decrease (100%), stun (100%) and vulnerable (50%).

Ceramagnus is the new Apex creature from the 2.2 update. For an Apex I kind of find the stat line a bit underwhelming, especially when compared with something like Mortem Rex. Ceramagnus has a set of abilities that go well with the ceratopsian concept and she would not feel out of place with her lower rarity sisters. Those abilities are good but with the exception of a very high damage precise rampage, they feel lacking on the damage. A little too average I would say although I look forward to being proven wrong.

While Ceramagnus could be a okay for Raid battles, I feel she falls short and will be better used in the Arena.

What are your thoughts on Ceramagnus and how would you use her?

9 Likes

You put damage in for critical chance.

1 Like

it looks pretty.
as the first Apex with a swap in ability, it’s going to be as bad as the rhinos with their SiSS. It may have some future raid utility, but i’m unsure at this point.

6 Likes

It looks like a sino that spent too much time on that planet from avatar lol. But as far as use goes I think it will eventually replace Woolly Rhino on the high end. It does a lot of damage for a swap in dino, and with a 100% stun it can get out to repeat in most cases.

Time will tell where it succeeds best I guess

7 Likes

It’s busted. Beats diplo, mortem, magna, quetz, takes a chunk out of tryko, max, gemini, and dio, and a whole lot of other stuff WITHOUT swap in Stunning Strike. Put all that on a swap in, it’s busted.

1 Like

Cheeseeater found a little mistake you make where you put damage as critical chance.

1 Like

Fixing it now. :+1:

1 Like

IKR, this thing looks like it has ostrich feathers or a grill like dilophosaurus

active stun or acute stun?

wha…
noone can use her yet

1 Like

Thanks. Fixed.

True but the topic is to raise discussion.

3000 turn 1, a priority strike, decent bulk, a decent stall move, and the best swap-in in the game make this top 2 with hadros lux

1 Like

ceramagnus

Rarity: Apex
Tier: Tyrant
Health: 4500
Damage: 1500
Speed: 114
Armour: 30%
Critical: 20%

Resilient Strike.
Group Acceleration.
Acute Stun.
Precise Rampage.
Swap in Stunning Strike.

Resistant to speed decrease (100%), stun (100%) and vulnerable (50%).

Ceramagnus has not changed since I last updated her entry. having recently uplocked her and using her in friendly battles and strike towers (I don’t use her in the Arena) I have changed my view of her. While at first glance I was not impressed with her, Ceramagnus has shown me that I was wrong. She’s not overpowered at her default - I can’t say for higher level ones and/or those with boosts though. Right now my view of her as changed for the better.

What are your thoughts on Ceramagnus after the recent update?

If dino tiers were floors in a high rise with the 2nd strongest dino in the game on the top floor Magnus is a satellite with nuclear capabilities. It’s a broken dino that is seriously hurting the game and will probably define the meta for a yer or more

2 Likes

Another prime example of ‘resilients doing too much’. Any speed up moves on a resilient should be reserved for raiding dinos only, and not competitive battlers. And swap in stun… Ugh.

2 Likes

With magnus as it is right now it will not fit into any existing tier. This „thing“ is so much better than everything this game has ever seen that it needs an own tier above everything else.

2 Likes

I find it very interesting when I read this on these forums. I just don’t see it. She seems to be what I expect an Apex to be. I’m no expert but I guess I’m just not seeing Ceramagnus as levelled and boosted?

1 Like

she’s very strong in two categories which is what i feel people are complaining about the most. best swap in attack in the game on top of a creature that has great damage output and an instant speed up. she beats out many fierce at that 4500 hp range.

Huge swap in, good bulk with armor, high damage and faster than anything else. Swap in for an armor piercing attack that kills opponents dino, now you can speed up 50% or slow your opponent and cleanse distraction or precise rampage or 100% stun. It swings every match its in and the swap in seems to be 100% even against dinos with high resistance ( I’ve been trying to document but it has stunned both my Rinex and Tenrex something like 30 consecutive times). If you don’t think it’s an issue we’re playing a different game.

3 Likes

Two words to describe magnus: annoying and broken

4 Likes

Funny you bring this up… Today, every Magnus stun against my Grypolyth and Morty have been successful, but only when used by Magnus. Acute Stun only has a 25% chance to work, yet so far, it’s only been unsuccessful once, so she’s been able to leave Grypolyth, whose main draw is being able to stop this rubbish :roll_eyes:

3 Likes