Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #221 - Skoonasaurus

4DE84DCF-47FF-475C-ABD3-AA5F8DBEDD3E

Created using DNA from: Sonorasaurus and Skoolasaurus.

Rarity: Unique.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 5700
Damage: 1200
Speed: 107
Armour: 30%
Critical: 20%

Resilient Strike.
Group Decelerating Rampage.
Instant Invincibility Taunt.
Group Distraction.

Resistant to distraction (50%), speed decrease (75%), stun (100%), swap prevention (67%), taunt (100%) and vulnerable (50%).

Skoonasaurus is a new 2.2 hybrid dinosaur that judging by her parental requirements may be some time in making an appearance in the Arena but she does look good enough to hunt down that DNA to create her. Stat wise she appears to be a typical high end sauropod but with a few boosts I think she could very nice. As for her abilities, Skoonasaurus appears to be a sauropod built to slow and distract while dealing good damage. She appears to be as a variant Ardentismaxima but without the damage consistent output. Am I missing something?

Looking at her abilities, I get the impression that Skoonasaurus is more suited to Raid battles than the Arena. She will just need a good team to keep her alive.

What are your thoughts on Skoonasaurus and how would you use her?

2 Likes

I mean, if you need a 4 way distraction but also want something to ko the minions in mortem while at the same time doing the 4 way distracting and taking damage for yourself, then it’s a good pick. Otherwise pretty much a worse max and is really useless in that regard.

2 Likes

it definitely could be a great Raid tower. Lots of group moves. decent damage and good armor. It is a literal tank. Arena wise i think she’s kinda meh.

2 Likes

I guess that is the issue post 2.0 as some creatures will be focused on Raids over the Arena when really should be viable for both.

Great news! Game-presses datamine found that skoonasaurus is the next alliance championship! (But anything can change)

3 Likes

If true, that’ll be great.

2 Likes

Here’s a photo of skoonasaurus, hope that helps! image

3 Likes

Both its components have signature moves and yet none of those capabilities are represented in Skoonasaurus. It’s a little disappointing.

2 Likes

You are a star! Thank you @MINMI

1 Like

Agreed. Ultimately she’s just plain average at least for the Arena. That’s what makes me think she’s designed for Raid battles.

1 Like

Just Max but worse.

How would you fix her?

I don’t know lol.

My Alliance uses her for quite a few Raids. She has her uses.

im jsut now starting to fuse for her (130 to go. thank you 10 dna fuses.) i can’t say for certain what her role is, or how good she is at this time. but model wise, she looks good. i like the fin like tail she has goin on.

1 Like

I think she’s ok, basically like a copy of maxima but with its own ups and downs when compared to each other. I mean, they have the same move-set except for the distraction that maxima has as a dsr. And when comparing resistances max probably wins there, and in stats I think skoona just has more armor and less crit than maxima and is slower. I’ve used her in the arena and she did good for a while until I replaced her with other good dinos, and she held her ground against maxima’s at times, or at least got them to low health before death with a few clever plays

1 Like

For me this is it:

Or:

1 Like

while skoona is a weaker unique, its actually somewhat underrated. its survivability is insane.

1 Like

Ludia is going to buff it, along with Dracoceratosaurus. Skoonasaurus will gain +150 more health, medium-resilient counter and a new 1.5x distraction move called Restricted Group Distraction.

1 Like

I noticed

This newly buffed skoona is absolutely amazing. Instant top tier.

1 Like