Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #222 - Velosrhacos

Velosrhacos_Icon

Created using DNA from Phorusrhacos and Delta.

Rarity: Epic.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 2700
Damage: 1400
Speed: 130
Armour: 0%
Critical: 5%

Cautious Strike.
High Pounce.
Deliberate Prowl.
Rampage.

Resistant to damage over time (100%), stun (100%) and swap prevention (100%).

Velosrhacos is the last of the 2.2 hybrids and this one is another variation on the terror birds. Stat wise she isn’t to bad although her health feels awfully low. Looking at her abilities, Velosrhacos seems like a cross between other terror birds and smilodon rather than Delta. She has potential for a nice amount of damage but you just have to build up to it. The real weakness I see is that she has two dodge abilities which will prove less than useful in the current Resilient meta.

Velosrhacos is another creature that I’m not sure whether she would be all that useful in Raids or not. My instinct says no due to the general average damage (before abilities kick in), low health and no team abilities.

What are your thoughts on Velosrhacos and how would you use her?

1 Like

Very nice cunning creature. Beats what it’s supposed to hard. It’s the best epic cunning revenge killer IMO. It can finish of with Cautious Strike and outspeed everything. It’s double rampages deal good damage, and Delibrate Prowl lets it cleanse the IDs, and wait out the IITs that creatures throw at it. Very balanced overall

2 Likes

Reminds me of the raptor meta, big hit swap out to avoid being killed after being slowed, rinse and repeat until it or your opponents dinos are dead. If it wasn’t immune to being pinned I’d say its pretty balanced.

1 Like

Velosrhacos_Icon

Created using DNA from Phorusrhacos and Delta.

Rarity: Epic.
Tier: Elite - Low.
Health: 3000
Damage: 1400
Speed: 130
Armour: 0%
Critical: 5%

Cautious Strike.
High Pounce.
Deliberate Prowl.
Rampage.

Resistant to damage over time (100%), stun (100%) and swap prevention (100%).

Since I last updated Velosrhacos’ entry, she has been improved slightly with a nice health increase. That’s fixed the main flaw I saw in her when she first appeared in the game. She is a very good hybrid, perhaps a little too good but then I still think that despite her speed she’ll suffer against the resilient meta. Velosrhacos does the job that she is supposed to do though which is to hit hard and hit fast,

What are your thoughts on Velosrhacos after the recent update?

1 Like

One of my mvps in my arena team. She literally can rip everything apart that can’t decelerate and/or have armour