Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #224 - Acrocanthops

Testacornibus-icon

Created using DNA from Acrocanthosaurus and Arctops.

Rarity: Legendary.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 4500
Damage: 1800
Speed: 112
Armour: 0%
Critical: 20%

Cunning Strike.
Fierce Impact.
Revenge Distracting Strike.
Revenge Rampage.

Resistant to damage over time (50%), stun (34%) and taunt (100%).

Acrocanthops is a better (as expected) version of the gorgonopsids, Arctops and Inostrancevia. She has good health and damage but is lacking in speed. Acrocanthops has some nice abilities including two potential revenge attacks. She is not too bad at all but I do think you’ll find better hybrids. What do you think?

Acrocanthops seems okay for Raid battles as a chomper but she’ll also see good time in the Arena with those abilities.

What are your thoughts on Acrocanthops and how would you use her?

Incredible stats, decent kit, abysmal resistances.

1 Like

from the looks of it, super high damage output in the first few turns. But hindered by low speed to be a revenge killer. Rvenge Rampage would allow for back to back rampages, but more than likely it will fail to get both off.

3 Likes

It feel like it just the ground work for a a super powerful unique, knowing ludia it’s probably gonna get it in 2.3 in about a week

2 Likes

Maybe I was comparing it to stuff like sarcorixis and max but I found it underwhelming. It’s too slow to consist of mostly cunning moves, too frail to not be immune to decel, you name it. We’ll have to see how it does in the legendary tourney…

1 Like

Created using DNA from Acrocanthosaurus and Arctops.

Rarity: Legendary.
Tier: Elite - Mid.
Health: 4500
Damage: 1800
Speed: 112
Armour: 0%
Critical: 20%

Cunning Strike.
Fierce Impact.
Revenge Distracting Strike.
Revenge Rampage.

Resistant to damage over time (50%), stun (34%) and taunt (100%).

Acrocanthops has not changed since I last updated this entry. Although I have rarely seen her played in the Arena, when I have faced Acrocanthops, my initial thoughts about good health and damage output but slow, remain accurate. I think she cries out for boosts to be more playable though. As it stands I think Acrocanthops is behind other Legendary options.

Acrocanthops still feels like she is an Arena or maybe tournament option but no stratagem I can remember seeing suggests she is suitable for Raid battles.

What are your thoughts on Acrocanthops after the recent update?

Supposed to be one of the few endgame viable legendaries, which I can see

1 Like

That’s interesting. I am assuming that she needs to be heavy boosted though like I thought.

It’s pretty awesome, especially as a closer. 7200 damage by T2 is insane, and I think only topped by Lux by Indom/Erli on revenge. Outside of that, it’s got good bulk and ok speed, but it’s remedied by boosts (I think IDGT’s is at 130, but I’m probably off)

1 Like