Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #227 - Antarctovenator

antarctovenator

Created using DNA from Antarctopelta and Diplovenator.

Rarity: Unique.
Health: 4200
Damage: 1300
Speed: 110
Armour: 15%
Critical: 10%

Cunning Strike.
Revenge Instant Ferocity.
Defence Shattering Impact.
Distracting Rampage.
Swap in Distraction.
Nullifying Counter.

Resistant to distraction (100%), speed decrease (50%), stun (75%), swap prevention (100%) and vulnerable (100%)

Looking at this new hybrid she appears to have a reasonable set of stats although for a Unique I’d expect slightly better. However, Antarctovenator has a really nice range of abilities which coupled with those stats provide nice damage. I think Antarctovenator is much better than either of her parent creatures but she will be very tough to complete at the present time. I don’t expect to face one very soon.

Looking at Antarctovenator I’m not sure really whether she is suitable Raid material. Part of me wants to say yes but there is a small voice that doesn’t think she’ll do so well, and that she’s better off in the Arena. What do you think?

What are your thoughts on Antarctovenator?

2 Likes

Design is awful should have been an akylosaur

7 Likes

Colors are beautiful, but the model could have been better. Like Justen has said, it should have been an ankylosaur rig. We could have gotten our first unique anky rigged animal.

6 Likes

Should only take about a month for you to see one

Antarctopelta needs to appear first and it depends how easy it may be to make and level her.

True but rumor on the streets is that it’s the next alliance tournament championship reward

1 Like

If that’s not true then you’re right - will be a while before we see one

This thing needs an actual counter with that ferocity move. Then it’s good

1 Like

It’s ok, proly best used as a revenge killer

1 Like

Rainbow turd

Like @Justen_Toivonen said it would have been better as ankylo

2 Likes

Yeah I wanted something more like this too

12 Likes

I think it’s worse than Diplovenator, but I like the design better. It’s stats and abilities are a bit of a mess.

2 Likes

It looks ok but I don’t really like nullifying counter.

Rainbow turd :rofl: perfect name!

1 Like

Yes this is so much better just add the venator sail

1 Like

I think the antartovenator is pretty average unique creature. I don’t see this thing being trash nor mega material, however if they were to swap revenge instant ferocity for ferocious strike then I think people might give this creature a second look.

However I don’t want them to buff it because I don’t want these disgusting salamanders in the arena.

4 Likes

Updated for 2.6 update.

Created using DNA from Antarctopelta and Diplovenator.

Rarity: Unique.
Health: 4200
Damage: 1150
Speed: 110
Critical: 10%
Armour: 20%

Cunning Strike.
Revenge Instant Ferocity.
Vulnerability Impact.
Definite Rampage.
Swap in Distraction.
Medium Nullifying Counter.

Resistant to distraction (100%), speed decrease (50%), stun (75%), swap prevention (100%) and vulnerable (100%)

What are your thoughts on Antarctovenator after 2.6?

Never used this one in the arena myself, but from what I’ve heard it had a pretty good niche swapping into big hits and/or finishing off opponents with Defense-Shattering Impact. That would leave it set up with Distracting Rampage, making it good 1v1 against stuff like Thor and Mortem, able to take them out in 2 hits, apart from it being good against Magna, Testa, MRhino and able put up a decent fight against some other strong creatures.

Vulnerability Impact is just an all-round worse move for revenge-killing, and it’s not particularly great 1v1. It also loses survivability without Distracting Rampage, meaning to take out something like Thor or Mortem 1v1 it needs to leave itself open to a massive hit.

Medium Null Counter should probably nullify before dealing damage, I don’t know why it doesn’t since that would be more intuitive and more effective.

Overall it looks like it got nerfed with 2.6, which is rather unfortunate.

1 Like

antven is… complicated. before its 2.6 changes, i thought it was pretty bad. it wasnt very tanky, it has no resilient qualities, and it lacked a damaging counter. when the 2.6 patch notes came out, i thought it got buffed. the problem with it now, though, is that the counter attack deals damage before it nullifies, which is not a good thing. it would be better if the counter nullified before attacking.
on par with indoraptor, diloracheirus, tuoramoloch, and stygidaryx in PVP.

1 Like

I used to use Antarc before 2.6. I think it got nerfed after the update. Before the update, it was a great Thor counter, because Distracting Rampage lasted for 2 turns. Extra armor makes it go eh, null counter is ok, definite rampage, maybe definite impact and then Distracting rampage would be nice.

1 Like