Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #228 - Aquilamimus

Testacornibus-icon

Created using DNA from Gallimimus and Haast’s Eagle G2.

Rarity: Epic
Health: 2850
Damage: 1150
Speed: 130
Armour: 0%
Critical: 5%

Evasive Strike.
Distracting Impact.
Group Distraction.
Evasive Rampage.

Resistant to swap prevention (100%)

Aquilamimus is a new hybrid from the 2.3 update that fits nicely into the flightless bird category. Looking at her stats, I find that she seems okay if not great. I’d prefer a little more health though. I can’t help think that a stiff breeze would knock her over. As for her abilities she can deal a bit of damage but she’s very much a two trick pony. Aquilamimus is based around evasive (still pointless at this time with resilient creatures being ever present) and distraction (just annoying). Aquilamimus seems reasonable for the right corner of the Arena but she won’t see too much use unless I’m reading something wrong. She’s going to be a nuisance but there is enough out there to handle her.

Like other terror birds and members of the flightless category, I don’t think Aquilamimus is suitable for Raid battles. I can see her being more viable in tournaments though. So that is probably where she will see more play.

What are your thoughts on Aquilamimus?

I think it will be average for raids.All those evasives ability can be nice.
On the other hand,if we take any others epic hybrids,he is really bad.
A rampage (which will occur turn 2,do only 2300dmg).His hp make him completly weak.
Maybe he can beat scaphotator or one of those already useless hybrids,but if we take brontolasmus,sarco,thylaco,purru or anything decent,it is just pure meat.

The kit is nice,but it need some improvement.

1 Like

Dex filler

1 Like

if we were in 1.0 and it had full immunity… it’ll be a good rival for MEGA Becky

Good moveset. Lacks stats and immunities. Even galli has better immunities

2 Likes

Solid kit, ok stats, and actual raid utility (that distraction will be handy against the right boss, I think you’ll be able to cheese mortem with it)., but low offensive power, lack of resistances, and it’s a cunning in a resilient meta

2 Likes

Yeah, stats and resistances really hold it back

2 Likes

A bit of a lazy design, could have looked better.
Kit is pretty good, tho the stats are nothing impressive, especially the damage that is way too low for a glass cannon.

2 Likes

Easily the worst of 2.3, but I don’t mind it THAT much

I honestly think it’s the worst yet, unless I’m forgeting something really ugly lol. But sure, it’s not really an issue, but It sure adds to the 2.3 general disappointment

1 Like

Mammotherium and lania are the ugly 2

I actually like lania’s design a lot. Mammotherium is really ugly tho, but still not as disappointing as aquila. So i guess imo aquila is the worst yet

1 Like

Don’t you dare insult my cow!

1 Like

Isn’t tarkus the cow?

It is a different cow specie.

1 Like

Mammotherium for me is ugly. Aquillamimus isn’t bad, but just missing something. Like a full feathery down like erlikospyx.

1 Like

True, spyx looks really good, tho i think Gamma is probably the most fabulous of the chickens

1 Like

I forgot gamma. But Aquillamimus needs feathers. Feel like it was rushed

2 Likes

Yeah, the base design and colors are fine, It just needed better feathering along the body. Tho i think some lighter brown coloring at some parts would look better than just more feathers

Gonna use it soon on main team (4750)