Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #23 - Delta

Delta was a Velociraptor that was trained along with the rest of her pack by Owen Grady. She is known for being responsible for the death of Vic Hoskins.

Rarity: Rare.
Metahub Tier: Alpha.
Health: 2400.
Damage: 1260.
Speed: 131.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Pounce.
Strike.
Impact & Run.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

2 Likes

My favorite of Blue’s squad, I really like that she can run away when in a bad matchup. That’s about all, I do use her from time-to-time as a placeholder. She’s actually my highest leveled out of the raptor squad at level 15. Hopefully next week I can get her to 16/17.

3 Likes

She is the only one the Raptor squad that I really like but I don’t have her high enough to warrant using.

She’s my favorite as well. I have her at 17 right now, and she’s well on her way to level 18 thanks to my Alliance. Unfortunately, Ludia has snatched her from my Zone and moved her somewhere else, replacing her with Echo.

Not my favorite switch… But anyway, yeah, she’s good for my switches in battle, especially when she switches to a Trago or an Alanky on an Indom. I hope I can make it to 30 with her :kissing_smiling_eyes::hugs::blush:

1 Like

My favorite Velociraptor of the Jurassic franchise I almost cried when she was thrown on the grill, like shrimp on a barbie :sob:

I really like her kit in-game as well,but I think pretty much all of the raptor squad is good. But I think she is the most valuable, followed by Blue. Charlie and Echo are pretty much even.

1 Like

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Metahub Tier: Beta.
Damage: 1240.

Strike.
Pounce.
Impact & Run.

So, since launch Delta has only seen a slight drop in damage. Nothing else has changed. She’s still a slightly better version of the Velociraptor and for that she is worthy of inclusion but like so many I think she is relegated to an early or mid game role - a dinosaur soon to be replaced once something better comes along.

Does anyone still use her?

My favorite is defiantly echo echo is so much better than delta

1 Like

Absolutely. :+1:

Well, there’s a cake by your name so i’m going to assume it’s your birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY :cake: :confetti_ball: :fireworks: anyways, onto Delta, I used to enjoy using her, then she just faded out of my team, Utahsinoraptor eventually took her place sadly. I have her at level 15 (I believe might be higher might be lower) and i’m just waiting for her to get a hybrid, which I hope she does get one. :

1 Like

Thank you. :grinning::birthday:

1 Like

I don’t know, ever since I started my 2nd playthrough it just made me sad that these newer players have to have at least 1/2 epics to get out of fallen kingdom, it makes me sad.

Is that because everyone is playing Epics or hybrids so early now?

yes, the availability of epics in the dino of the week, alliance rewards and hybrid pursuits.

1 Like

Jurassic World.

Metahub Tier: Beta.
Damage: 1250.

Strike.
High Pounce.
Impact and Run.

Another of Owen’s raptor pack, Delta has seen a tiny damage buff but that is it. Even her abilities have not really changed. It’s a bit of a disappointment really as these particular creatures are iconic from the film and it really would be nice if they were viable. Delta is a better version of Velociraptor but at this stage in the game I think she has been left behind. At least she has a nice hybrid in Alloraptor for which her DNA can be used.

Delta is not suitable Raid material. There are better options.

What are your thoughts on Delta post 2.0 and how would you use her now?

I plan on eventually using Delta not because of my username but because she’s an absolute pest in terms of spawns.

I should be able to get her past level 25, she could be useful for next week’s tournament. Alone though, she’s not awful, but she’s good enough when the circumstances are right.

1 Like

I get that. She spawns an awful lot around me these days since 2.0 dropped. I think she has displaced Diplocaulus for being a all too common pest.

That’s the thing, isn’t it? I try and look at these creatures as their Arena and Raid personna’s but I do forget that some of them may not be great there but probably make excellent choices for the tournaments.

1 Like

Delta is good for the swap utility. Having a good turn 1 is also good to pick something off so you can run into something like a scaph. However, ornithominus is a better runner as it cannot be pinned down and does more damage on the run (a R&R into a woolly rhino can take out a rex at full HP)

2 Likes