Damage: 1600
Speed: 113
Armour: 0%
Critical: 20%

Group Speedup Cunning Strike.
Cautious Impact.
Revenge Nullifying Rampage.
Group Instant Distraction.

Resistant to crit reduction (100%), damage over time (75%), distraction (100%), rending (75%), stun (100%) and swap prevention (75%).

Gorgotrebax is the new Apex creature that comes with the 2.3 update. Looking over her stats she is okay. Nice but nothing too over the top. Well worth it just on stats. But look at those abilities. Gorgotrebax is just crazy. She can’t pull out the damage that Mortem Rex can deliver but Gorgotrebax’s abilities are just insane. She is going to be a real nightmare to deal with.

While Gorgotrebax is going to be nice in the Arena, I think it will be Raids where she shines the most. She seems to me to be the perfect option for nullifying the opposition while everyone else just lays the smack down. With other team boosts she will be even better.

What are your thoughts on Gorgotrebax?

5 Likes

She is ok but too slow and too bulky for cunning ??

2 Likes

It’s probably a counter balance to the abilities though

3 Likes

It has a great design from the looks of it, but the impression I’m getting is that it’ll be outshined by the Unique speedsters, and that really low speed stat isn’t helping.
Revenge Nullifying Rampage is pretty unique, and the ability to deal that much damage turn 1 removing shields could be useful, but that 2-turn cooldown holds it back. Otherwise it could use Spyx’s gimmick where it attacks, uses Instant Distraction to regain priority or avoid a big hit then attacks again.

In raids Group Instant Distraction could be very useful, but its other moves aren’t very good.

I think it would do better if it was more of a wildcard, because as far as Cunnings go it’s pretty hard to beat Erlikospyx without being a clone. An On Escape ability or a Ferocious move could make it more versatile.

2 Likes

Seems very UN-cunning like to me. Insane health and damage but the speed is a bit lacking. Mind you these are still probably the best stats of any creature that speed. This is gonna be a fierce’s nightmare but will probably hold her own against resilients. Raids are probably where she shines the most but that extra delay on instant distraction really hurts in the arena

2 Likes

I find it kind of very interesting creature.
It will completly shine in Pve ,where his abities to increase the speed of his team while distract opponent will be appreciate.
And the group instant distraction will probably allow some combo.
If think aswell,it might not be a tyrant but high elite,considering this creature have an answer to almost everything.
An opponent use cloak?cautious strike or nullifying
An opponent want to distract you?immune
An opponent use chomper?literally 3 distracting skills
An opponent set a shield?nullifying rampage
An opponent is faster?speed up + cunning
I think people really underestimate his power.
1600 damage + 20% crit is really nice,even if its slow.
Imagine,going on battlefield,revenge killing a tryko,getting +10%speed and get ready turn 2 to deliver the rampage with 125 speed?

2 Likes

Great option for raids, but fast enough to body most fierce creatures too

Good cunning. I will say spyx is probably better. And like all pure cunnings, it loses to glyptodon

1 Like

All hail lord glyptodon. Now one of the 3 commons to be able to kill a apex XD

1 Like

Glyptodon is a carnivore with all the cunnings it eats

5 Likes

the only thing i dislike about Trebax is it literally has 4 of the new moves added this patch. 3 of which are currently exclusive to it, when cautious impact and Revenge null rampage could’ve been given to other underpowered creatures (RNI to orion and CI to maybe indoraptor)

3 Likes

i agree, cunnings are cunning for their speed

If it’s going to have that low of a speed as a non-Hybrid gorgonopsid, it should at least have some armor (20% at the max), even as a Cunning.

Otherwise, it needs a severe speed buff to viable in PvP.

Both Arctops and Gorgonops both have 130 - 131 speed, don’t they? So it wouldn’t be too outlandish to give Gorgotrebex 128 speed would it?

1 Like

It should be speed buffed to 130. That would make it a true apex.

Giving it 128-130 speed would not make it broken I don’t think. Even speed in the 120 range would make it far more viable. Look, I like the idea of a slow, powerful, bulky cunning, but this guy is slower than a freaking ceratopsian apex. A CERATOPSIAN!

Also, give it this low speed, grant it 50% speed decrease resistance to reward players for boosting its speed high. Ludia REALLY hates cunnings or somethin

1 Like

gorgotrebax

Rarity: Apex.
Tier: Tyrant.
Health: 4500
Damage: 1600
Speed: 113
Armour: 0%
Critical: 20%

Group Speedup Cunning Strike.
Cautious Impact.
Revenge Nullifying Rampage.
Group Instant Distraction.

Resistant to crit reduction (100%), damage over time (75%), reduced damage (100%), rending (75%), stun (100%) and swap prevention (75%).

Gorgotrebax has not changed since I last updated her entry. At the time of writing this update I am perhaps one or two weeks away from unlocking her myself so my comments are not based on playable experience. As I previously mentioned I think Gorgotrebax has reasonable stats, if a little slow. She isn’t far behind Mortem on the damage comparison but she’s more of a debuff creature than I probably gave her credit for previously. Gorgotrebax will be annoying but I don’t see her being as powerful as the other Apex.

What are your thoughts on Gorgotrebax after the recent update?

1 Like

Still a pretty good cunning. Tends to turn the tide of a battle on occasion. Not the fastest but has good damage, bulk and resistances to deal with fierce creatures.

2 Likes

I run Trebax myself, and I have to say that it can do serious damage, especially against Fierce. With Boosts, Cautious Impact and Group Speedup Cunning Strike it fixes its own Speed issue, with my build going to 151 after 1 speed boost from either CI or GSCS (137 without speed boost from CI or GSCS). It will murder any Fierce opposing it, Cautious Impact gives it both ways to counter the Fierce attacks, being Dodge and Distraction. However, it shines most as a revengekiller. Revenge Null Rampage is a veritable nuke, but you can even just go Cautious Impact to set your speed up for the next creature.

However, if a Hadros Lux is even close to it, it will die out quickly. Hadros can’t safely swap in due to Trebax’ high damage, and it will likely be forced to heal after entering, but if it survives two hits, Hadros will take it out with two counterattacks and Resilient Rampage.

But if you can manage to take out Hadros before sending in Gorgotrebax, it will be able to do a lot of damage. Like Qiew said it can definitely be battle turning. Against Fierce like Grypolyth, DC, Mortem and Thor it’ll be one of the best if not the best option to pick. Could even be used to revenge Magnus, but wouldn’t recommend to do that immediately.

3 Likes

Everything Bart said. I often save it for revenge kills, and it’s fantastic as long as my opponent hasn’t saved their lux til the end of the battle. I have an entire album (19 images and counting) of it winning me matches right here.

It also helps that a lot of people seem to be under the impression that it sucks, so they underestimate it. Couple that with it being relatively rare in the arena, and people often make dumb mistakes against it. I have screenshots of myself killing stuff like maxima, gem, and dio with mine, although I didn’t include them in the album because they weren’t final kills like (almost) all of my other pics.

Also, stuff like this is just hilarious:

Screenshot_20210613-064214

6 Likes