Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day # 234 - Ankylodicurus

Created using DNA from Ankylocodon and Doedicurus…

Rarity: Epic.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 4200
Damage: 1150
Speed: 108
Armour: 35%
Critical: 15%

Superior Vulnerability.
Group Taunting Shields.
Resilient Impact.
Superiority Rampage.

Resistant to damage over time (50%), Distraction (50%), Speed Decrease (50%), Stun (100%) and Vulnerable (100%).

Our first new creature from the 2.4 update and it’s a rather cool looking hybrid. Looking at her stats Ankylodicurus doesn’t seem too bad. Speed is slow but that is to be expected. But her other stats are are reasonable. She has good health and armour to soak damage and she has the potential for some decent damage coupled with her abilities. I think that Ankylodicurus is a fair combination of her two parent creatures. I don’t think she is the sort of creature to win you battles hands down but for her rarity she will do you fair for probably the mid way of the Arena. But as with all new creatures until we get to see her in action we won’t know for certain.

Ankylodicurus could be a fair Raid option against the right bosses. She has the group shields and a resilient attack to deal with the cloakers. You would probably have to have a good team to back her up though. She might also be a fair choice for certain tournaments as well. As I mentioned above, we’ll probably have to see her in play first before making that assessment.

What are your thoughts on Ankylodicurus?

8 Likes

I love the design and everything, I don’t know much about how stats and movesets work in this game since my peanut sized brain can’t wrap around it, but I feel as though it could have a minor resistances buff considering its rat parent(ankylocodon) had quite a few.

10 Likes

It does seem a little odd that most are 50% which makes me think that she won’t resist enough to have bothered but I could be wrong.

2 Likes

I would like it if they changed Resilient Impact to Group Shattering Impact, it would be better IMO.

5 Likes

It’s a solid resilient for everywhere, but why it SR is so bad is beyond me

6 Likes

It’s definitely a good one, but it had potential to be better. It deserves a fierce move imo, and downgrading Resilient Rampage to Superiority Rampage was just a weird and unnecessary decision.

2 Likes

I just liked her design. Your skills could be better (RR or GSI). Another thing I don’t understand is why it has less armor than Doe. It has the same protection with large thorns. At the very least it should have 50% armor and thus fight Rixis better.

4 Likes

Feels weird seeing this thing decked out in what looks like sturdy armour only having 35%, but somehow turtles have a higher armour.

Still, dig that design.

2 Likes

I agree with @Stygimoloch_29 that she should have a 50% armour.

1 Like

It is announced that SR (superiority rampage) will have one cooldown, meaning Dicurus will do better in 2.6…

2 Likes

Well,he is ok,not really impressive and about SR…
Well,i never had time to reach turn 4 to use it twice so…

2 Likes

Good point…

It remember me when people cried about Taunting DSR which got 2 turn cooldown…
Well,what does it really change in pvp?If your creature survive this long,then it is probably Overpower

The tank v tank battles can last for quite a while, you never know. Also sometimes opponents get unlucky and draw too many Cunnings.

In other words, it changes so little that it remains harmless

Why does it have distraction resistance if all its attacking moves cleanse it?

1 Like

Because ludia

1 Like

But enough that anyone who was annoyed by the cooldown isn’t anymore, so it’s a win-win

1 Like

honestly, my opinions on ankylodicurus were mixed until update 2.6. superiority rampage just didnt sit well with me. 2.6 fixed it though, so now im happy.
ankylodic is pretty good. it can beat rixis. im not going to go too in depth, but its on par with other good epic hybrids like velosrhacos, erlikogamma, purutaurus, and brontolasmus.

1 Like