Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day # 257 - Scorpius Rex Gen 3

dodocevia

Dr. Henry Wu, under the acknowledgement of Simon Masrani, attempted to create a hybrid dinosaur. The Scorpios rex was the first successful hybrid dinosaur to be created, under request of Eli Mills. There may have been many attempts to create the Scorpios rex, as the notes that Brooklynn holds in “The Watering Hole” had incrementing numbers on each page: 1309, 1310, 1311 and, much later in notes, E750. Pages 1309 and 1310 show combinations of the letters used in DNA sequences but are not grouped as DNA sequences. It was the first genetic hybrid dinosaur created by Dr. Wu, preceding the Indominus rex and Indoraptor. Despite many setbacks, Wu insisted on keeping the hybrid. However, one day, after barely surviving an attack from the hybrid, Wu eventually came to realize that with the Scorpios’ mindless aggressiveness, it was far too dangerous to be set loose, let alone placed as a park attraction for the public. With Masrani and Mills deeming the creature to be too unstable, Wu shut down the project and kept the Scorpios in a cryogenic sleep, intending to never release it. This secret was heavily guarded, so very few people actually knew of the hybrid’s existence.

Created using DNA from Gorgosaurus and Scopius Rex Gen 2.

Rarity: Unique.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 4050.
Damage: 1350.
Speed: 119
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 25%

Fierce Strike.
Instant Ambush.
Cunning Rampage.
Toxic Quills.
Critical Ambush.

Resistant to reduced damage (50%), speed decrease (100%), stun (100%), swap prevention (50%) and vulnerable (50%).

Scorpius Rex Gen 3 is our first third generation creature in JWA. She has some nice stats and nice abilities. It would appear that she is based upon using her ambush abilities to boost critical chance and then attacking their opponent with high damage strikes. I think Scorpius Rex Gen 3 is the best of the three and much more useful in the Arena and potentially in Raids too. I have yet to use her but looking forward to it.

What are your thoughts on Scorpius Rex Gen 3?

2 Likes

I actually really like this creature. The Bleed is super fun to use (especially against stuff like Dio and Tryko), and its ambushes are great.

4 Likes

Scopicus Rex Gen3 is the best bleeder for me, she can break shields, armor, taunt, distract, dodge, speed and crit increase and stun!

I still haven’t unlocked her yet, but when I do, I will definitely put her on the team!

2 Likes

Despite being extremely easy to get and level, it’s very strong (why couldn’t indo get that treatment lol)

It’s still new though, it’ll be a while before level 30’s are seen below shores (I’d think)

2 Likes