Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #264 - Coelurosauravus

JWA_Profile_Coelurosauravus

The most noteworthy feature of Coelurosauravus are the dermal ossicles, creating thin strands of bone that extended from the flanks and supported a gliding wing. This may have provided a limited flight capability over short distances by jumping from a high point and steering itself by twisting towards a lower spot as it fell down.

In Coelurosauravus the back of the skull also features a frill similar to the kind seen in later ceratopsian dinosaurs. This is likely to have been a display feature as opposed to an aerodynamic one.

It is thought that Coelurosauravus would have lived within the tree canopy, gliding from branch to branch in a similar manner as a flying squirrel. This way it could quickly cover a number of trees in a shorter space of time than that required to climb down and up each individual tree.

These gliding membranes may also have been a display structure for attracting mates and/or dominance displays with rivals. They may have also formed a threat display by being quickly opened to startle predators when they got too close, allowing Coelurosauravus a chance to escape.

Rarity: Common.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 3450.
Damage: 1050.
Speed: 126.
Armour: 0%
Critical: 15%

Distraction.
Impact and Run.
Alert the Flock.
Alert Roost.
Absorb.

Resistant to rending (33%), stun (100%) and swap prevention (100%).

Coelurosauravus is our new 2.9 Common rarity creature and for a creature of such rarity, Coelurosauravus isn’t too bad. She has a fair set of stats and her abilities are a little bit easier to understand but at the same time I think she lacks flavour. I’m not sure why you would want to use Coelurosauravus when there are better flocking creatures of higher rarity. Is she just a DNA farm for her hybrid, Coelhasst?

What are your thoughts on Coelurosauravus?

3 Likes

Probably one of the cutest reptiles I have every seen in game

4 Likes

it is ulgy scorps gen 3 cute

1 Like