Dinosaur of the Day #266 - Andrewtops

StygidaryxProfile

Created using DNA from Arctops and Andrewtodon.

Rarity: Unique.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 3300.
Damage: 1550.
Speed: 126.
Defence: 10%
Critical chance: 20%

Daring Strike.
Delayed Revenge Distracting Rampage.
Cleansing Impact.
Piercing Revenge.
Swap In Lockdown.
Counter Vulnerability.

Resistant to crit reduction (100%), reduced damage (75%), speed decrease (75%) and stun (50%).

Our first new hybrid from the 2.10 update is Andrewtops. Stats seem okay for what she is which is good. Andrewtops has a load of abilities though which really make her stand out. Her damage output seems to be really good and even better if boosted. I have yet to unlock her myself to give her try so this is just based upon looking over her stats. It’ll be up to you guys to tell me what you think.

What are your thoughts on Andrewtops?

2 Likes

Andrewtops has A LOT of damage, level 30, max attack, vulnerable (with a crit) ramapage with another crit equals (I think) 14,129 damage! :exploding_head: The counter vulnerability should have called maximal exposing counter or Vulnerability Counter. Also, the move called Delayed Revenge Distracting Rampage should have been called Revenge Distracting Rampage. Last of all, Piercing Revenge should have been called Revenge Rending Lockdown.

2 Likes

One of those ‘on paper’ creatures. Even though it looks amazing(the moveset) it is usually bodied by stuns and is really frail(3300 HP I mean like even Andrewtodon has more health than it) and unlike Andrewtodon it can’t 100% swap prevent the enemy due to it having to swap in first(which is bad due to its really low health)

It has the second highest damage for a counterattacker lol

4 Likes

Really curious about trying this one out, still have to wait a little while to unlock it. I didn’t expect it to be as fast as it is.

Just wish it didnt look like it had mange or was horribly burnt lol it could be burnt buddies with Velosrhacos or whatsit :laughing:

2 Likes

You don’t want to read the Ability’ description?

It makes the name and what the move does make more sense. Its not just about whether you want to read what it does, its about being easily able to tell what it will do in battle. Its much easier to see Revenge Rending Attack in battle and go Hey, that will do 40% of my HP, break my shields, and bypass my armor with priority rather than Piercing Revenge and have to scroll through and read what it’ll do in the heat of battle. Its convenient for the player and for Ludia, as it would make the moves more simple and easier to organize.

3 Likes

Piercing revenge and Cautious Cunning Rampage makes complex, while Collision, Counter Vulnerability just make it more strategy, in a war, you can’t know what your opponent will going to do before they just did that.

This isnt war. By having names that say what the move will do, it makes it easier on the player and leads to a better QoL experience for them. It improves the game.

3 Likes

I’ve tried mine and I can’t say I’m that impressed… Perhaps in certain situations it can be a huge help, but as it is, I don’t think it’s very good, despite having promise.

3 Likes

This is war. Just replace dinosaur with Tank, Jet, player is the Pilot, evolve dinosaur is upgrade your weapon.

Now this is getting off topic. But to answer the thread, I haven’t gotten it yet, but I’ve heard from friends that while the health sucks, the damage is insane.

2 Likes

Good attack and speed. Health buff is what it needs here.

3 Likes

Its a fun creature to use, high damage output.
It either needs a speed buff with its current health.
Or a health and armour buff.
Also they need to rethink the model, poor thing has greyscale form Game of thrones.

2 Likes

StygidaryxProfile

Created using DNA from Arctops and Andrewtodon.

Rarity: Unique.
Tier: Elite - Mid.
Health: 3900.
Damage: 1600.
Speed: 126.
Defence: 10%
Critical chance: 20%

Daring Strike.
Delayed Revenge Distracting Rampage.
Cleansing Impact.
Piercing Revenge.
Swap In Lockdown.
Counter Vulnerability.

Resistant to crit reduction (100%), reduced damage (100%), speed decrease (75%) and stun (75%).

The 2.14 update increased Andrewtops’ health and damage, improving an already great hybrid. She also a received a couple resistance increases. One of which has given her an immunity to stat reduction. This update has been great for Andrewtops. In the past I think I have been a bit hard on Andrewtops and I was wrong. I think she is one of the really good hybrids at the moment.

What are your thoughts on Andrewtops after the recent update?

2 Likes

The buff really helped it a lot it can now pose an actual threat even unboosted

The one thing that really holds it back is that it can get swapped on and that it has no Vulnerable resis but all in all, a solid unique

2 Likes

It works well against Scorpios g3 for as long as it is possible it bypasses the dodge

2 Likes

It too destroys Parasauthops with ease

1 Like

You’re not wrong