Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #270 - Megalotops

Created using DNA from Megalonyx and Nasutoceratops.

Rarity: Epic.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 3750.
Damage: 1150.
Speed: 108.
Defence: 10%
Critical chance: 10%

Determined Strike.
Distracting Impact.
Camouflage.
Cautious Rampage.
Stunning Alert.
Armour Piercing Counter.
Camouflage on Escape.

Resistant to speed decrease (75%) and swap prevention (33%).

Another new hybrid from the 2.10 update is this gorgeous beast, the Megalotops. I have unlocked mine but not tried her out as yet so this is based very much on looking at her stat block. Stat-wise I think Megalotops feels rather average but that isn’t a bad thing. Megalotops has some nice abilities but they seem a little awkward to work out (Determined Strike, I look at you). Megalotops could be the sort of creature which takes a little while to fully work out how to play her. Overall I like her but it’s tough to see where she’ll fit in, whether she’s just an Arena creature or if she’ll find a place in some Raid strategies.

What are your thoughts on Megalotops?

4 Likes

Megalotops is a very good epic. For me, Megalotops is better than Eremoceras. She also has all the passives! Swap in, counter and on escape!

Also, here is a picture of her:

4 Likes

I think it would be useful in raid… and clearly it useful in pvp

2 Likes

i actually really like megalotops but it needs to be looked at. Nasuto has 100% swap immunity right? But when fused with megalonyx, the hybrid only gets 33%. I think it should either have 100% like nasuto or 75% maybe. And on escape camouflage distracts the creature swapping OUT and not the creature swapping in so doesnt work well especially since the dodge aint 100%. and i cant help but feel the attack needs to be rounded to 1200 but its still fine. and i do think it should be given a decel move possibly since it gets a stun move from nasuto and distraction from both parents. so maybe change distracting impact to decel impact but i wouldnt mind keeping distracting impact.

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes