Dinosaur of the Day #272 - Rinchicyon

maxresdefault

Created using DNA from Amphicyon and Rinchenia.

Rarity: Legendary.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 3450.
Damage: 1400.
Speed: 129.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 25%

Devious Strike.
Instant Buff.
Fierce Impact.
Alert Safety Rampage.
Collision.

Resistant to crit reduction (75%), reduced damage (50%), speed decrease (75%) and swap prevention (67%).

Rinchicyon is the last of our 2.10 hybrids to be showcased. She is going to be a hard one to complete due to Rinchenia being globally locked to Africa, Asia and the Middle East. It may well be a while before we see her appearing in any competitive sense. Hopefully Rinchenia will get some time as an event drop dinosaur.

Rinchicyon’s stats… at first glance she appears to be fairly average but with a good critical chance. She has good damage output with her abilities though so that balances out. Her abilities are fairly odd and take a bit of reading to get your head round. I especially like Collison though. That is quite a cool ability.

Without seeing her in play, it’s tough to gauge how good she is or isn’t, but I think Rinchicyon will do okay to start with. How the meta players view her will probably dictate how she gets played.

What are your thoughts on Rinchicyon?

5 Likes

havent got it or batlled against it but a, friend has said he’s battled it and said it was tough to get past.
so im hoping i dont fight one any time soon

3 Likes

I had loads of Rinchenia stocked up for this… And barely have any left after a torrent of 10s (and about 3 20s). I was at least able to unlock her.

I like the design, but I doubt I’ll ever get it to arena levels with how scarce DNA for it is (at least when you’re in Europe and the pandemic means limited traveling abroad). My biggest concern would be a unique hybrid.

In terms of play, I haven’t had a chance yet to test her out. I’ll likely do so on the next legendary skill tournament.

I used up all that I had built up to complete her too. Hopefully they won’t keep the global locked creatures that way for much longer.

She actually is very good. Only problem is that she is very hard to get. Just got to wait for her to become a raid

1 Like

great creature that can do a lot l love mine so much

1 Like

Ankylodactylus

Created using DNA from Amphicyon and Rinchenia.

Rarity: Legendary.
Tier: Elite - Mid.
Health: 3450.
Damage: 1400.
Speed: 129.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 25%

Devious Strike.
Instant Buff.
Fierce Impact.
Alert Safety Rampage.
Collision.

Resistant to crit reduction (100%), reduced damage (50%), speed decrease (75%) and swap prevention (67%).

The 2.14 update has made a minor change to Rinchicyon. She now has a full immunity to critical reduction. It’s a buff which is nice but I don’t think it will impact her all that much. Since her introduction to the game last September I have started seeing Rinchicyon being played a lot more often in the Arena so it would appear she’s getting the use she didn’t get months ago.

What are your thoughts on Rinchicyon after the recent update?

1 Like

One of my favourite legendaries! She’s a great surprise revenge dino. If I could get the Rinchenia DNA more frequently, I would have loved to have had her as a main tournament dino. I have a few boosts on her, and she does fantastic.

This is one of the few times I’d be okay with an apex using her DNA… Because it’s an excuse for me to level her past 20.

2 Likes

I honestly think it’s great!

Pros - Surprisingly fast and high damage. Fierce Impact can deal some great first turn damage. Devious Strike and Instant Buff will help protect Rinchicyon from heavy damage. Speed Decrease resistance is very helpful when encountering a resilient.

Cons - Doesn’t have any major disadvantages. Just protect it from Cunning Resilients because it’s only protection from resilients is Fierce Impact, and damage reduction doesn’t really help.

To Counter - Dracoceratops and Dracoceratosaurus win against Rinchicyon if you can get it in, but remember that Collision will activate. Dracoceratops and Dracoceratosaurus will lose without the swap in damage and they have to be slower than the Rinchicyon to survive the rampage. Sinokotaraptor can also kill it if you use Precise Pounce on the first turn and then use Cunning Impact on the second. Keep in mind that if Rinchicyon uses Fierce Impact on the first turn then Sinokotaraptor will only have one flock member remaining.

That’s it for counters (Although I will note that Quetzorion can prove powerful against this creature)

1 Like

I wouldn’t say Dracos are the best counters for Rinchicyon

Here are some counters

Megalotops
Eremoceros
Argenteryx
Coelhaast
Mammotherium(no crit)
Nodopatotitan(no crit)
Fukuimimus(not guaranteed)

1 Like

Well yeah flocks because they are flocks and megalotops obviously work, but how does Fukuimimus?

Stall it with your heals and then go for Group Cunning Rampage

1 Like

Ok. I’ll try it.