Dinosaur of the Day #279 - Ankylomoloch

Created using DNA from Bumpy and Stygimoloch.

Rarity: Legendary.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 4050
Damage: 1150
Speed: 118.
Armour: 20%
Critical: 10%

Superior Vulnerability.
Taunting Resilient Group Impact.
Alert Instant Shielded Impact.
Decelerating Rampage and Run.
Stunning Alert.

Resistant to speed decrease (100%), stun (50%) and vulnerable (50%).

Ankylomoloch is a new hybrid added in the 2.12 update. I must say that some hybrid designs leave me a little cold but I absolutely love the design on Ankylomoloch. From the colour through the physical shape. Beautiful.

Ankylomoloch has a good stat line. Health is nice and high. Damage seems a little average until you see what she can do with it and then she’s very nice. Personally I think her armour rating should have been 30% (Epic Ankylosaurus has 30% after all) but she’ll do okay. Like many of the newer creatures I think Ankylomoloch has some complicated abilities but they’ll just take some time to get used to. I’m not sure at this time where her niche lies in the game. She won’t be a high end hybrid in my opinion and she’s unlikely to be a Raid option. Maybe because Ankylomoloch is easy enough to create that her role will be lower down the Arena?

What are your thoughts on Ankylomoloch?

4 Likes

I would use it, it has some very good moves. But as tourney creature I bet it is going to be used everywhere plus because of his group shielding impact he may be a good raid creature to.

3 Likes

I like him. Was nice that he kept the asymmetrical horns. Hopefully his hybrid will also keep the ankylosaur animation

2 Likes

Finally a really good ankylosaur hybrid, this what we need to destroy flock !

3 Likes

Like the pesky Argenteryx!

2 Likes

OP in friendly battles

2 Likes

Absolutely adore the top-notch coloration this armoured beast has

2 Likes

I really like ankylomoloch but I want to be be vulnerable immune because it just makes sense to me

3 Likes

Man, its lower than average armor for an Ankylosaurid, and weakening abilities as it gets threatened, make this dino a shelf dinosaur, as opposed to an “on the roster” dino.

B E A UTIFUL design though.

1 Like

I dont know about that. I face several Ankylomoch every day. She seems quite popular to me. I definitely agree that she needs her armour brought up to be in line where it should be.

1 Like

Wdym BumpyMoloch is a top tier legendary

2 Likes

Exclude the Apexes and Uniques, she’s a Tyrant Tier for me

1 Like