Dinosaur of the Day #285 - Albertospinos

Created using DNA from Albertosaurus and Spinotasuchus.

Rarity: Unique.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 3900
Damage: 1200
Speed: 124.
Armour: 0%
Critical: 10%

Defense Shattering Wound.
Lethal Swoop.
Killer Instinct.
Fierce Rampage.
Shattering Swap in Wound.
No Escape.
Minimal Critical Counter.

Resistant to crit reduction (100%), damage over time (25%), speed decrease (50%), swap prevention (100%) and vulnerable (75%).

Another new hybrid from the 2.13 update, Albertospinos looks to be nice addition to the game. It’s also nice to see a new hybrid from an old creature in the game. Older players should be able to make her easy enough and it gives newer players something to work on that they might not have really bothered with otherwise. I’ve only just created Albertospinos myself and not had time to try her out.

Looking at her stats,Albertospinos seems fairly average although that’s not unfair. She has good speed with reasonable health and damage. However, it is her abilities that make her stand out to me. Albertospinos has a good range of abilities taken from both parent creatures plus a couple new. With a few boosts behind her, there isn’t much that will stand in her way with attacks that bleed, destroy shields or bypass armour. A few boosts in damage and she’ll be a nice monster for a good part of the Arena.

What are your thoughts on Albertospinos?

2 Likes

I feel like the health and attack should have been higher, along with the speed resistance. Also having only 1 move at the beginning isn’t really the best.

5 Likes

Health seems fair for what she is but I definitely can see that she needs a slight increase in damage.

3 Likes

I felt kind of disappointed when I tried them out on strike towers and it does feel like they need something especially considering they’re a…super mega? idk what you’d call it hybrid. Obviously not to rival Apexes but yeah. It’s a shame they’re kind of useless around aviary level and higher with all the cunnings running around and things that combat bleed one way or another.

When I tried them I used them as a swap in bleeder to tanky things and then used DSW and hoped Albertospinos didnt die.

I also feel like they at least need an immunity to speed reduction.

3 Likes

She’s actually really great now

1 Like

An excellent counter for Skoona, unless people start unlocking Imperato of course XD

1 Like

95e285ad7d079f5af3fea19a80eb4b32581ad7b5

Created using DNA from Albertosaurus and Spinotasuchus.

Rarity: Unique.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 4200
Damage: 1450
Speed: 125.
Armour: 0%
Critical: 15%

Defense Shattering Wound.
Merciless Alert.
Killer Instinct.
Fierce Rampage.
Shattering Swap in Wound.
No Escape.
Minimal Critical Counter.

Resistant to crit reduction (100%), damage over time (25%), speed decrease (50%), swap prevention (100%) and vulnerable (75%).

The 2.14 update made a single change to Albertospinos, which was to change lethal swoop into merciless alert. It seems an odd ability to me though. It deals decent damage now bypassing army, but if threatened swaps you out. If it secures you victory in battle, then however it works is good. It does seem to make her much better now though so that’s a good thing. Albertospinos remains a very good hybrid in my mind.

What are your thoughts on Albertospinos after the recent update?

It’s stats got changed, so I would update them.

2 Likes

I thought I had. I’ll fix it now (Edit: I was thinking of another one)…

Edit: Query… was the stat change in this update? The announcements thread doesn’t list them.

Here it is.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ve got it on the Field Guide now. Just don’t remember the stats being upped.

2 Likes

I tried them out in their new updated state, but ended up feeling kind of meh about them (even though I see people say they’re really good now) and took them off my team. I felt meh mostly because of two reasons: where I am in pvp I don’t see many resilients, the odd time I’ll come across a skoona or dentist but it’s mostly a billion thors and phorurexes so Albertspino usually ends up falling flat on it’s face.
Second reason being even though it has the instant move and lockdown I feel like Thylacotator does the job of being an anti tank much better.
Also not to mention so many things are immune or have strong resistance to being locked down so said lockdown ability is kind of useless.

2 Likes