Dinosaur of the Day #287 - Troodoboa

Alan Grants Dig Site

Created using DNA from Majundaboa and Troodon.

Rarity: Unique.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 3900
Damage: 1200
Speed: 117.
Armour: 0%
Critical: 10%

Shielded Alert Strike.
Group Cleansing Fatal Strike.
Precise Distracting Impact.
Group Cunning Rampage.
Ferocious Shield on Escape.
Raking Counter Attack.

Resistant to damage over time (100%), reduced damage (100%), speed decrease (75%), stun (75%), and taunt (100%).

Our last new creature from the 2.13 update is the hybrid snake Toodoboa. I have only just created her myself recently so this isn’t based on any play use but my examining the stats… Speaking of her stats,Troodoboa seems fairly average to me, with decent health, damage and speed. But nothing stands out though. Looking at her abilities, she doesn’t seem to put out a lot of damage either but that’s probably a counter to her having the means to reduce speed and damage.

Troodoboa is another creature where I’m not sure of her role in the game. Unlike other snakes she doesn’t stop you escaping so she isn’t trying to tie you down and grind you down. She appears to be just a debuff creature to me although there may well be something I’m missing here.

What are your thoughts on Troodoboa?

3 Likes

Honestly my favorite addition in the 2.13 update. I love the design, one of my favorites and I may use on my team once I get it high enough level. I also like how it isn’t too OP, but is still very strong and could be a worthwhile team member for anyone looking to use him, like myself.

Also a minor typo here, 2.13, not 3.13. Just wanted to point that out so you could correct it.

8 Likes

Thanks. My fat typing fingers strike again. :grin:

3 Likes

Really nice in aviary where basically every player has something that can cloak or dodge. Always glad to add something to my team that can hard counter all the indoraptors.

Also Shielded Alert Strike also gains priority when “threatened” which is pretty handy.

4 Likes

I really love its model. Like a ghost

2 Likes

Nah this is like penny wise. Spinotahsuchus is the ghost

2 Likes

Rarity: Unique.
Tier: Elite - High.
Health: 3900
Damage: 1200
Speed: 117.
Armour: 0%
Critical: 10%

Instant Decelerating Precision.
Group Cleansing Fatal Strike.
Precise Distracting Impact.
Group Cunning Rampage.
Ferocious Shield on Escape.
Raking Counter Attack.

Resistant to damage over time (100%), reduced damage (100%), speed decrease (75%), stun (75%), and taunt (100%).

The only creature change that I am aware of (please correct me if wrong) under the 2.15 update was to Troodoboa. Shielded Alert Strike was changed to Instant Decelerating Precision. This was due to underperformance issues and should bring her up and worth playing again. To be fair, since the update dropped I have seen her played a lot more often in the Arena than I had previously.

What are your thoughts to this change?

1 Like

Still stand by my previous comment: still nice to use, now even nicer with the move upgrade.

I live in low/mid aviary and I don’t think I’ve ever fought one or if I did it was like once. It seems to be buried by the meta, thousands of thors, indo-everythings and phorurexes.

1 Like

This is one of my favorites to play right now. This thing is a total flock destroyer, especially with the 100% resistance to reduce damage. It also has 2 precise attacks that goes through evasive dodge moves so I pretty much kill two birds with one move with the counter. This thing at 25 does more damage with the counter than Hydra Boa.

I really wish we had an 8th snake but with only 7, I use the extra slot to play with the shiny new creatures. Right now, I have a partial focus on leveling my littler snakes up closer to 26. This team does pretty well.

1 Like

Ohhhhhh boy. The amount of people she has almost 3-0ed is hilarious. These aren’t even matches either. I’m facing max boosted levek 30s. I’m pretty sure I had someone panic and immediately swap mrhino TURN ONE on her XD

My girl for reference:

2 Likes

Troodoboa melts phorurex. It’s not even close. Thor is debatable though. I can imagine in an even match troodoboa wins if she doesn’t get stunned

1 Like

I meant “buried” more as in people would rather use the meta critters/whats popular over using Troodoboa.

They buffed this because people weren’t playing it enough but I think it was that people hadn’t been able to make it as they may have been focusing on growing other meta creatures.

I won’t be surprised if or when this thing becomes more popular, it get nerf’d a bit.

I would call this meta. It’s just other players don’t know it yet till they start facing these.

true yeah

Also I forgot to add, the attack boost it gets from it’s on escape move + fatal strike is always fun to catch people out with.