Dinosaur of the Day #299 - Rexy

pTFE5b8V4SlWZHUr9xWaI25llaf65xSVmmQIVvd4Ks_OHVokac191yFeUYwpFaOviRNeBXfihSVipmM2h_ecYRr1y60j6oXXx5xb_M8ReHEhU17yfQwOYSrFAWz53LIFdq6brhx31tXhiASJ4w

This Tyrannosaurus was the largest carnivore living on Isla Nublar; as such, she is a fearless, bold, and domineering beast that walks the line between heroine and villainess, largely motivated by two goals: Keep intruders off her territory and eat any prey that she finds there. Even twenty-plus years older, she was still relentless and very vigorous. She was shown roaring and launching herself at the Indominus rex the first moment she saw it. She also appears to be fairly efficient at stealth,as she caught Dr. Grant, Ellie Sattler, Lex and Tim Murphy, and Eli Mills completely by surprise, as neither of them saw or heard her coming.

In many circumstances, her own hunger and hostility was unintentionally helpful to others, such as her feeding on the Velociraptors chasing Alan Grant, Ellie Sattler, Lex Murphy, and Tim Murphy and thus indirectly saving them. Additionally, her brawn and ferocity is partnered with a good dose of intelligence, as she checked her fence to see if it was working when the saboteur Dennis Nedry shut down all power to the park. During her battle with the Indominus rex, she knew not to attack Blue after Blue helped her defeat the Indominus because she was exhausted from the fight as well as acknowledging the smaller theropod’s help. She also demonstrated a capacity to remember certain individuals and grudges, as shown when she encountered Mitch trapped in one of his own snares after he stuck a cattleprod up her nose and painfully electrocuted her. She did not eat him immediately, but studied and sniffed him for a few seconds before narrowing her eyes and roaring before proceeding to eat him, as well as never attempting to attack Owen and Claire (with the exception of when they did the blood transfusion with her, as she likely viewed them as a threat at that moment) after they helped her in her battle with the Indominus rex.

In the film canon for Jurassic World, this Tyrannosaurus rex is a 13.5-meter-long (44.3 feet) and 5.2-meter-tall (17 feet) predator with a dull gray, brown and some orange color scheme with degradation color zone running down her neck, back and tail. In the first film, she appeared to be quite robust and muscular. After her fight with the Velociraptors in the first film, she gained three large scars going down the right hand side of her neck and face, making her easily recognizable. In the fourth and fifth films, her appearance changed noticeably, with the stripes on her back having become very faint, her skin tightening, and the shape of her head losing its musculature. Her body became thinner,but she somehow regained mass after the fall of Jurassic World, becoming more robust by 2018. In Jurassic World: Dominion, she is just as robust as her appearance in the original film, the splotching around her eyes has darkened considerably, and the striping along her snout and back has darkened as well. Her arms have somehow become less pronated similar to the real T. rex.

Rarity: Legendary.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 4950.
Damage: 1850.
Speed: 106.
Defence: 0%
Crit: 45%

Alert Fierce Strike.
Defence Shattering Revenge.
Dominant Roar.
Fierce Devouring Rampage.
Slowing Swap In.
Fierce Strike on Escape.

Resistant to damage over time (75%), rending (75%), speed decrease (100%), stun (75%) and vulnerable (100%).

Firstly, thank you to Ludia for adding Rexy to the game and a big thank you to @UnicornWizard for campaigning so hard to get her added.

To start with, let’s take a look at her stat block. I really like her stats. They look right for what she is , her arity and her abilities. No complaints here. Her abilities are really strong and she puts out a frightening amount of damage. I will pick on a couple of things that have already been picked up on by the community. To start with let us look at Dominant Roar. Rexy is unusual in that for a theropod she has a priority move. Not a problem by itself but with this roar she increases her own damage and speed. It is an extremely strong ability and she gets to use it right off the bat. Of all her abilities, this is the one that I think will get fixed in a future update. Secondly, Rexy has a swap in slow ability which seems very unusual. My guess would be that it’s to represent the sudden appearance of Rexy against the Velociraptors at the end of Jurassic Park.

Personally I do like her a lot. She is extremely powerful though and as she was easy to create everyone pretty much has her and will end up using her in the Arena and in appropriate tournaments. Is this a problem? Yes and no. You still have to draw her out of your eight creatures but she runs the risk of being the new Dracoceratops and no body wants that. It is sad to say but I do think she requires a slight tone down in abilities at some point. Right now though, flaws aside, I think Rexy is really good.

What are your thoughts on Rexy? Be nice. :t_rex:

9 Likes

For anybody who says shes too OP it’s because she is a character

6 Likes

This is very true. Rexy should be really good because of that. Blue is good for what she is. Wish Bumpy was better but hey ho,

3 Likes

I wish bumpy had 1350-1500 dmg

3 Likes

She is the icon of the saga after all

1 Like

Ah yes because I love a creature so broken it changed tournament meta as a whole and devolving it to “draw this to instant win”, thus making legendary tournaments where it is allowed a nightmare. But it’s ok, its a character :slightly_smiling_face: .

2 Likes

CAN PEOPLE STOP MAKING THIS ARGUMENT?

If this is an argument, then blue, indom, and the other film hybrids should be at the level of Rexy! I see NO OTHER GAME making a unit or character massively overpowered just because they’re film featured.

Anyway, she should not be better than an apex. Under any circumstances.

2 Likes

@Colin_Goodman this will become an argument now

1 Like

You made the point, therefore I’m able to state my side of the argument, I can’t be the only one who believes my side either.

1 Like

come on there is ZERO REASON this should be an argument, this is the only time I’ve ever seen this as an argument honestly

Stop complaining he said that this should be a nice discussion

I’m not complaining, I’m just saying, this is a bad take and shouldn’t even be used to justify Rexy’s power. An event exclusive legendary would be better justification.

2 Likes

Just look at Tyrannosaurus Rex from Roblox Dinosaur World Mobile that is strong because it’s a famous Dinosaur

I don’t know what that is but I can tell you it’s more likely that it’s on the harder side to obtain rather than because it’s famous. That’s almost always the case.

It’s a roblox game

I understood that, but I’m telling you, it’s more likely that tyrannosaurus is hard to obtain than because it’s famous.

Also we’re going way too Off-Topic

I mean you aren’t wrong but back on topic

Rexy shouldn’t be as powerful as she is simply for being a film creature, even if that was the case, she is TOO powerful for a film creature

1 Like

like if rexy should be powerful because she is a film creature so why raptor squad,bumpy,brachiosaurus,triceratops,etc from the jurassic park and world films are not?

I politely disagree with this statement since bumpy is meh, Blue isn’t that OP yet good etc. I respect your opinion but not think it is right to me in my personal opinion.