Dinosaur of the Day #3 - Allosaurus

Alankylosaurus

Allosaurus (al-OH-sore-US) was a Jurassic theropod whose skeletal remains have been found primarily in North America but also in Portugal and Tanzania. It’s name means “different lizard” and was discovered in the late 1870’s. Allosaurus measured an average 28 feet in length and weighed in at 2 tons. It was a carnivore and possible ambush predator.

Rarity: Common.
Metahub Tier: Survivour.
Health: 5010.
Damage: 1650.
Speed: 104.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 20%

Armour Piercing Impact.
Defence Shattering Strike.

DNA used for: Allosinosaurus.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

Dinosaur of the Day #4 - Allosinosaurus

I’m popping this one in a day early as I don’t think I’ll have the time to post it tomorrow. But I’d love to see your thoughts on Allosaurus.

I used to use it a lot in the first couple months I played JWA and although I occasionally swap t into my team for a bit of a difference, I think Allosaurus gets easily replaced by better dinosaurs like T Rex or arguably Tarbosaurus.

Hey Colin, just wanted to pop by and offer up a little more info on Allo and his kin. Lots of folks believe that there was just Allo - and after it died out, nothing. But nature never leaves open spaces, especially where evolution is concerned.

Allo had tons of relatives, ranging in size from the pygmy Allosaurs living in the Cretaceous south polar regions, to the massive Saurophaganax, the varied Carcharodontosaurs, and even the fearsome Megaraptor.

Allo wasn’t a case of nature saying “okay, one and done” after the Jurassic. Allo evolved all the way into the Cretaceous period.

In-game, Allo has her uses, especially if you don’t have Rexy levelled up high enough. She usually starts going out of use around arena 7 or so.

Thanks for the extra info.

What you say is exactly what I used her for. Once I got T Rex it replaced Allosaurus.

After you start making hybrids of either one, it’s all something of a situational usage matter. Allo hybrids work astonishingly well, and Rex hybrids are huge power hitters.

I’m trying to work towards Allosinosaurus at the moment but I cannot get enough Sinoceratops DNA.

Good thing it will be out and about later for the weekly event. I need it for big brother Thor.

I have them all over the place in zone 3(?), We work. I’m sitting on tons of Allo DNA right now, I need to find more Sino.

A little JP/JW world info.

In the previous update when Jurassic Ruins was for players with 4,000 trophies or higher, I used it. I leveled it up to 26, but later replaced it with Allosinosaurus or some other tank buster.

I really enjoyed using it for those bird strike events and their constant shields. I just used the basic attack since it’s a shield breaker. Great fun! :grinning: