Dinosaur of the Day #310 - Beta

download

Beta is a juvenile Velociraptor and the offspring of Blue, Henry Wu explains that Beta was born asexually due to the monitor lizard DNA in Blue’s genetic makeup. Beta looks and supposedly acts like a younger and smaller version of her mother, Blue. Her snout is stubbier than her adult parent, and she has slightly bigger eyes. She has a chipped sickle claw on her right foot.

Rarity: Epic.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 2400.
Damage: 1200.
Speed: 133.
Defence: 0%
Crit: 5%

Evasive Strike.
Impact and Run.
Playful Pounce.
Cower.

Resistant to reduced damage (25%), speed decrease (100%) and swap prevention (100%).

Beta has reasonable stats for her rarity. Health is a little low but in keeping with other raptors, but she has the speed and damage to compensate. She is comparable to her mother Blue. Looking at her abilities, Beta is basically a lite version of Blue but still not bad. It will take playing her, once we get her, to see exactly how Beta will play. However, on paper, I think Beta will mostly be a DNA farm for Compsoraptor.

What are your thoughts on Beta?

10 Likes

When your child is faster than you…

11 Likes

Man that’s some really good pin resistance. Seems a bit excessive though.

Ok for the actual creature, I think she’s decent, and either people will level her up because JWD or just farm her for Comsograptor.

2 Likes

When you gotta make sure you can run away. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Didn’t seem like she could in the movie though.

You aren’t wrong to be fair. Maybe this after Dominion and she’s learnt to run?

4 Likes

Possibly. But given Giga is alive, maybe not.

1 Like

Perhaps the cutest creature in game! (Bumpy and both compy variants exist). I feel like she’s too dodge dependent as she’s extremely frail, just like her mother, Blue. I love her animations though, especially her “death.” She never dies!

4 Likes

I also agree what the other people think, she’s decent and so cute! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This is the FIRST creature to not “die,” when she’s knocked out, and I like that!

4 Likes