Dinosaur of the Day #37 - Dracoceratops

Hey wood if the swap stun doesn’t work try engaging in friendly battles and try again.

The random % moves run in streaks with a finite number before it hits the enforcer andakrs it not work.

However…

If she is acting up on swap in use her regular. The red stun works more often. Also if swap in stun fails use cleans remove swap lock and hit swap out.

She might not be a big killer but she is very good at pulling down hit points. And after her HP is low you can swap her in to take a death and load a better suited Dino for the situation with out it waiting for saw in delay

3 Likes

The new 1.6 update has made Dracoceratops a lot better. I’m not a fan of a 100% stun nor swap-in shattering rampage but I can’t deny that it is now a much more useful hybrid to consider for your team.

I love my dracoceratops spirit!:heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Limited edition drawing in 3, 2, 1
Ta da!

4 Likes

To some the Dracoceratops has had a nerf under 1.8 and it has indeed seen a small shift in abilities. However, I’m finding that now, less than 24 hours after the update launched, that I’m facing it a lot more frequently and it is still a huge nuisance (that is me being polite).

What are your thoughts on the Rat now?

nerf restricted to armored dinos. :japanese_goblin:
hahahahaha!

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Rarity: Legendary.
Tier: Apex High.
Health: 3000.
Damage:1500.
Speed: 109.
Defence: 0%
Crit: 5%

Minimal Speedup Strike.
Rampage.
Acute Stun.
Regeneration.
Swap in Savagery.

Oh where do we begin?

So, since launch Dracocreatops has had a few minor tweaks. She has gone from being utterly useless to being probably the most played hybrid in the game. It is hard to say much about Dracoceratops that isn’t going to be negative, and that isn’t what I want to put out here. Too strong with being a swap in damage dealer. Acute Stun should be 75% not 100% and it should have an ability to heal but not defeat the lockdown from swapping in.

The problem has become that Dracoceratops is just universal across the Arena and worse higher up because it is both so good and so easy to create. After the recent Boost fix I saw very few of them - Paramoloch seemed to replace for a time - but now I am seeing an influx of overboosted Dracoceratops.

I would say that she has become the poster child of the Arena for good or for bad. Keeping it polite and positive please, how are you finding Dracoceratops (gamewise) these days compared to her first few months?

1 Like

You really don’t want to assume that “Remy” has Swap-in rampage

1 Like

To borrow from @Stiffeno, ah, I’m glad you asked, mate (shut up for a second! :grin:). You see, at first I thought it was the most annoying dino in the game, but then I created my Anti-Rat Team…

…which allows me to have great fun like this just a few minutes ago.

3 Likes

In line with the posters request of keeping it civil I wont give my opinion lol.

@deepwrinkle love the team btw, very nice.

3 Likes

I’ve said it would become even stronger now with the 2.0 boosts. People thought nobody would do it, but as far as I can see, I’m getting hit with 2.7K damage Dracos in Aviary.
They had the perfect moveset for Draco with the swap in headbutt and the dig in. What did they do with it? Put it on a huge amount of ceratopsians just so they would complement Draco.

3 Likes

Seen a lot of DC and Monostego together.

The worst was DC, Monostego, and overleveled (22) Sinoceratops all in 1 team.

Yeah Lydias idea of fixing the rat infestation was creating mini rats.

I wasnt surprised, it’s the kind of Ludiacy they would do.

2 Likes

Gonna confess something; I used to use the rat.

I would get the battle to 2-2 and then swap it in. I did that multiple times and won tons of battles with it. I used it all the up until September, then I saw what I’ve become. I threw the rat off my team and swore to never put it back on unless I was doing a strike tower. It’s currently level 20 sitting on the bench waiting for its inevitable unique.

2 Likes

Where exactly did Swap in Shattering Strike come from? It has swap in rampage still

I can’t remember what it originally had but swap in shattering strike was replaced with swap in rampage.

@Colin_Goodman it originally had Swap In Shattering Rampage

if that helps any

2 Likes

Still think this unbalances the game, even more so with the new boost system. Glass cannons have those distracting moves to help them last in the battlefield. DC shouldn’t be able to outspeed them AND avoid the distraction. Even chompers are vulnerable. Heck, a boosted one can even take out a lot of tanks.

2 Likes

The only ways you can really stop it is with Smilocephalosaurus or Phorusaura, but even then, the stun isnt guaranteed

1 Like