Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #38 - Dracorex

Dracorex is a dinosaur which lived approximately 65-70 million years ago during the late Cretaceous Period. It was first discovered in 2004 in the Hell Creek formation of South Dakota. It was subsequently named by Bob Bakker in 2006. Its full name—Dracorexis hogwartsia—is a tribute to the Harry Potter books by J. K. Rowling and means “dragon king of Hogwarts.”

Dracorex was an herbivore that was approximately 21 feet long, 4 feet high and weighed approximately 100 pounds. It had a long muzzle and a skull with many bumps all over it and spiky horns. It skull also had a large flat dome which would have provided this dinosaur with a lot of cranial protection.

While this dinosaur is routinely classified as an herbivore, it’s teeth might suggest something else. An interesting fact about Dracorex is that it had extremely sharp, serrated teeth. This may indicate that this dinosaur was in fact not an herbivore but was actually an omnivore—meaning that it would eat both meat and plants, as well as anything else it might find.

Dracorex is a controversial animal, as there is some belief that it is not a separate species of its own but is perhaps just a juvenile version of the Pachycephalosaurus.

Rarity: Rare.
Tier: Scavenger.
Health: 2850.
Damage: 1280.
Speed: 124.
Defence: 0%.
Crit: 5%

DNA can be used for: Utarinex.

Impact and Run.
Instant Charge.
Strike.
Swap In Strike.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

2 Likes
Dinosaur of the Day #140 - Utarinex

Never used Dracorex myself as I have always preferred other dinosaurs on my team. Dracorex just seems a little too average for my taste.

1 Like

A weaker, slower, and more common version of stygimoloch.
His lil sister packs a punch.

1 Like

I remember when you couldn’t get away from these guys… Anyway, not a dino I use, even in lower arenas. Just doesn’t do enough for me.

1 Like

I love this one. I play her about the same as stuffy with the exception of the dawn in strike.

My basic strategy is swap in when the strike can kill delay and survive till I can hit swap out. It simplistic I know but it’s fun as I have an affinity for swap strikes.

As for changes I would like a speed boost of a few points or no changes personally.

1 Like

Under the 1.7 update, Swap in Strike becomes Swap In Definite Strike. Dracorex has her damaged reduced from 1280 to 1200 but her health increased to 3000.

A much better change. I don’t see her as an average dinosaur now but as mine is just 15th she won’t see use if ever.