Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #39 - Dracorex Gen 2

Dracorex2

Dracorex is a dinosaur which lived approximately 65-70 million years ago during the late Cretaceous Period. It was first discovered in 2004 in the Hell Creek formation of South Dakota. It was subsequently named by Bob Bakker in 2006. Its full name—Dracorexis hogwartsia—is a tribute to the Harry Potter books by J. K. Rowling and means “dragon king of Hogwarts.”

Dracorex was an herbivore that was approximately 21 feet long, 4 feet high and weighed approximately 100 pounds. It had a long muzzle and a skull with many bumps all over it and spiky horns. It skull also had a large flat dome which would have provided this dinosaur with a lot of cranial protection.

While this dinosaur is routinely classified as an herbivore, it’s teeth might suggest something else. An interesting fact about Dracorex is that it had extremely sharp, serrated teeth. This may indicate that this dinosaur was in fact not an herbivore but was actually an omnivore—meaning that it would eat both meat and plants, as well as anything else it might find.

Dracorex is a controversial animal, as there is some belief that it is not a separate species of its own but is perhaps just a juvenile version of the Pachycephalosaurus.

Rarity: Common.
Tier: Apex.
Health: 3000.
Damage: 1140.
Speed: 108.
Defence: 0%.
Crit: 5%

DNA can be used for: Dracoceratops.

Impact and Run.
Low Stunning Strike.
Swap In Shattering Rampage.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

1 Like

Not sure why Metahub think this is an Apex tier animal. Apex needs to be more than a one trick pony. An irritating one trick pony though to be sure.

I have to agree with everyone else on these forums, Swap in Rampage on something this low down the rarity was a crazy move.

1 Like

Yeah. This dinosaur seems a bit too strong with the swap in. Even stygimoch, an epic, has nothing like that. Annoying.

1 Like

Draco Rex gen 2 is a cool Dino. Yes it has the potential to be over used but it’s a cool little Dino.

Come on its named hogwartsia… Done.

It’s been a constant member of my team both before and after the buff. If kept at a similar level to the rest of the Dino’s on your team and teams you face it actually provides a nice fair fight.

And it’s kid dracoceratops is a very fun and involved to use Dino.

Just my 0.02 though

2 Likes

It has to be a high level to actually be effective. Otherwise it’s just annoying.

What do you mean Swap In Rampage? It’s Swap in Shattering Rampage. If your talking about just the Rampage being overpowered, I don’t know what your going to think about the Swap in Shattering Rampage.

1 Like

My bad. That’s what I meant to put. Bad keyboard skills.

It’s just weird other Dinos like it don’t have that sort of ability. Like only one is smart enough to come in with headbutt city

1 Like

I always found the “hogwartsia” part of the name cringey. I just don’t like naming dinosaurs after someone’s favorite book or show.

In terms of the dino herself, I admit, I like taking advantage of her swap in move. When I finally unlock Spinotasuchus, I’ll be swapping her out though.

1 Like

The Harry Potter franchise was a huge social phenomenon.

There have literally been people who were born and grown and born children of thier own with who have loved that world.

Same could be said ofany other franchises too. So it’s not wrong or unreasonable to use it to name an obscure Dino.

True, but it’s still cringey to me. It’s fine if it’s an obscure reference, but as a blatantly obvious one? No thanks. It doesn’t sound very natural.

1 Like

I guess that is why no one uses the second part of the name when discussing it.

Current god of jwa! turns lame teams into nuclear godmode destruction capable teams if good team synergy and strategy is used in conjunction, this team buffing paid for with not having an 8th unique/legendary on the team nuff said

1 Like

When someone not have confidence in his own team used Dg2 to boost it.thats what i think :rofl:

2 Likes

what did you even say

So beautiful

1 Like

draco2 is my velociraptor killer, lol. at higher level, nice option to surprise-finish some dinos, hahaha!

edit: high level users could find irritating, but draco2 brings some chances to lower users like me, when we face arena droppers with unique and super-hybrids. this cases, draco2 is our hero.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

DG2 swap in is a lazy way to win and takes no skill. It needs to be nerfed by dropping the 2x damage down to 1x.

1 Like

Yes. A Swap-in Strike rather than a Rampage would fix the issue.

The 1.7 update increased Dracorex G2’s damage from 1140 to 1200. Impact and Run was changed to Impact.

A nice fix for this dinosaur I think.