Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #4 - Allosinosaurus

latest

Allosinosaurus is highly territorial. It can often be observed fighting for alpha position in herds, similar to a modern water buffalo. Geneticists believe the carnivore DNA spliced into this hybrid’s genome amplified the Sinoceratops’ already territorial tendencies.

Base DNA: Allosaurus and Sinoceratops.
Rarity: Legendary.
Metahub Tier: Apex.
Health: 4500.
Damage: 1600.
Speed: 106.
Defence: 15%
Critical chance: 20%

Armour Piercing Impact.
Defence Shattering Impact.
Defence Shattering Strike.
Instant Charge.

DNA used for: Thoradolosaur.

So, thoughts on this hybrid dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

2 Likes

I am currently working on this hybrid myself - if I can ever find some Sinoceratops. I’ve faced it a few times in the Arena and it’s pretty nasty.

I have mine at L17. Lack of Sino DNA to level it up. It is a good dino, works well for me. However, other dinos are at higher levels and it is now on the bench. I don’t know when it can create its offspring – Thor.

1 Like

I run into these a lot more as I go from arena 6 to 7. It seems to be the standard go-to hybrid here. I’m actually going to be able to level both my epic anky and Sino to 15 today, officially starting them on the road to building “toothless” and Allosino.

1 Like

The Epic dinosaur weekend has already worked out well for me as I was able to get enough Sinoceratops to finally add Allosinosaurus to my collection. Looking forward to giving her a good workout in the Arena.

I’ve created mines today, Named him ‘Rusty’, I want to see how he plays with friendly battle with my little brother to see how I like him. From his skillset I’ve wondered why he doesn’t possess a ‘Rampage’ skill, like APR. I do like his Instant Crarge skill so he has that going for him. Another problem i see is his spot on my team, people told me to remove Spinotahraptor (Named him ‘Tar’) for him but Spino is level 17 (Could be 18, might boost him up to 18 since I’m lacking Kapro to make Spinotasuchus). Might get rid of Gorgosuchus for him, but I do like his damage increase skill + DSR combo. Utahsino is my next goal, hopefully I can get Sino from the epic tower to start crafting her.

1 Like

its a shame that these dinos are subjected to speed caps. allison is a great dino because of defense shattering moves and IC but is slower then deus. its predecessor Thor, gains speed, higher crit% and damage at the cost of armor. Thor is a great addition to an already robust team.

1 Like

I am hoping to start fusing on thor myself soon.

2 Likes

its a fun dino to have. i fealt very bad not leveling it up today and instead focusing on rinex since its tyrant level. is it the best? no but when it has a mean streak watch out

1 Like

Limited edition drawing in 3, 2, 1

Ta da!

2 Likes

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Metahub Tier: Apex Mid.
Damage: 1700.

Defence Shattering Strike.
Armour Piercing Impact.
Defence Shattering Impact.
Instant Charge.

Other than a slight boost in damage, Allosinosaurus has stayed the same. She remains a good choice for a hybrid and one that has become easier to collect in recent months thanks to the amount of Sinoceratops that was handed out. I still see her played a lot throughout the Arena. What are your thoughts on this hybrid these days?

1 Like

I really like that you are going to revisit these older dinosaurs. I also see that in my current arena the Allosino will have a hard time battling all of the high level Proceratamimuses.

1 Like

Also the cooldown on DSI has changed from 2 to 1, if I remember correctly, which makes a difference in a few situations. I think API also used to have a 2-turn cooldown.

1 Like

Thanks. I do think some of them have been forgotten a little bit and I’d like to generate more discussion about them. I’m in Lockwood Estate at the moment and pretty much every battle I see one of these. I certainly think there are hybrids now that it will have a hard time with though. Proceratomimus definitely being one of them.

Artist: Indominus_rex15

Metahub Tier: Apex Mid.
Damage: 1800.

Fierce Strike.
Armour Piercing Impact.
Fierce Impact.
Instant Charge.

As I look at Allosinosaurus I feel that she came out of the 2.0 update largely unchanged other than a small damage increase. Her abilities remain the same from before. As such she remains a good early on and easy to create hybrid but as before remains one that will get overlooked after a while. I would like to say that she will still do well enough in low level Arenas but the lack of any specific resilient, fierce of cunning ability will hamper her. Likewise, for a Legendary rarity I find it odd that she has no resistances.

Will she be of any use in Raids? Among my Alliance I have seen Allosinosaurus being fielded against the weaker Bosses but never doing well enough. She can do some nice damage but the lack of any team abilities says to me that she won’t be all that useful. Am I right or wrong there?

What are your thoughts on the changes to Allosinosaurus under 2.0 and how will she be best played now?

Considering all the resilient dinos running around, it should do well in the arena. It even still counters Ardontosaurus, which seems like one of the strongest Legendaries now.

Probably not that great in raids though.

1 Like

Possibly the best of the sino hybrids, it’s like those generic chips you get at Walmart that taste great but then Thor is the overpriced name brand stuff

1 Like

You would put her above Utahsinoraptor then?

It was better than utahsino before 2.0
as it could easily counter endgame creatures than and it still can now

However the return of rinex puts it in a weird spot

1 Like