Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #47 - Erlikosaurus Gen 2

Dsungarip

Erlikosaurus is a herbivorous theropod dinosaur native to Mongolia in the Cretaceous period. It’s name means “Erlik’s Lizard” and is named after Erlik - a demon king from Mongolian folklore.

Erlikosaurus were therizinosaurs, a strange group of theropods that ate plants instead of meat, and that had backward-facing pubises like ornithischians. Also like ornithischians, their jaws were tipped by a broad rounded bony beak useful for cropping off plants. Behind the beak, separated by an hiatus, there were per side twenty-three small straight coarsely serrated teeth in the maxilla. The dentary of the lower jaw had more teeth: thirty-one for a total of one hundred eight. The bony nostrils of Erlikosaurus were very large and elongated. The braincase was swollen at the back by pneumatised bone. Scientists now know some therizinosaurs were feathered, so it is likely that Erlikosaurus were as well. Erlikosaurus had exceptionally long slender claws on their feet, with a bone core of up to ten centimetres, the purpose of which is unclear; G.S. Paul surmised they were used for self-defence against predators.

As the genus is only known from very fragmentary material, it has been problematic to determine the size of Erlikosaurus, especially as most of the vertebral column of the holotype is missing. The skull length is twenty-five centimetres; the humerus is thirty centimetres long. It has been estimated to attain an adult body length of six meters (twenty feet). Erlikosaurus may have been more lightly built than close relative Segnosaurus. Other estimates are lower: in 2010 Gregory S. Paul gave a length of 4.5 metres and a weight of half a tonne

Rarity: Rare.
Tier: Survivour.
Health: 3150.
Damage: 1280.
Speed: 128.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Debilitating Distraction.
Minimal Speed Up Strike.
Rampage.

So, thoughts on this Dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

Dinosaur of the Day #146 - Erlikospyx

Not too dissimilar stat wise from it’s Epic rarity sister and with a slight change to the attack forms. Erlikosaurus Gen 2 isn’t a bad dinosaur and a handy one for lower levels. As with most I feel that it soon gets swiftly replaced once you get enough DNA of other animals and hybrids.

I used this one a lot in the lower arenas before I got the epic one high enough level. I do like that it has the distraction move because that can help it survive another turn. Especially since it is 75% reduced instead of 50% like most of the distracting moves.

1 Like

The 1.7 update increased Erlikosaurus G2’s speed up from 128 to 129.

1 Like

Even though she’s not on my team anymore, this dinosaur is still a fave. Tempted to try her again, since I’m probably going to drop my uniques for a bit.

1 Like

I never did use her for long. Nice but as I said initially, soon replaced by better options.

She’s one of my few favorite non-hybrid rare dinosaurs. I really love this one. Color wise and skill wise. Used it alot when starting out.

2 Likes