Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #53 - Gorgosuchus

Gorgosuchus

Created by DNA from: Gorgosaurus and Kaprosuchus.
DNA can be used for: Megalosuchus.

Rarity: Epic.
Tier: Omega.
Health: 3600.
Damage: 1360.
Speed: 120.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 20%

Cleansing Impact.
Defence Shattering Rampage.
Defence Shattering Strike.
Ferocious Strike.

So, thoughts on this Hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

7 Likes
Dinosaur of the Day #74 - Megalosuchus
Dinosaur of the Day #74 - Megalosuchus
Dinosaur of the Day #64 - Kaprosuchus

This is one of my favourite hybrids. It’s fast and capable of dealing out a significant damage. It has been on my team since I first made it and having just made it to 20th I continues to pull it’s weight.

6 Likes

I agree this was one of my favorite dinos on my team. Coming in and killing something with ferocious strike to have a pumped up DSR ready is an awesome feeling. I remember being able to one shot Stegods in the 1.4 meta when they ruled the arena.

I ended up dropping Gorgosuchus in favor of Tryostronix because Gorgo is still susceptible to stuns and slows. I have, however, faced high level ones in Aviary and they are still a force to be reckoned with.

5 Likes

I have Tryostronix but it never seems to do as good as Gorgosuchus for me. Maybe if I can ever level it it may do better though.

1 Like

Really like the cleansing impact when it was in my team. Sometimes even forgot the dino has this move n did not use lol.

3 Likes

It’s definitely one of the best if not the best epic. If you ask me the stats and the moveset make it being on-par with most legendaries.

It’s a fantastic hybrid and personally I really like the design of it.

3 Likes

He’s still on my team at 5k trophies… Have leveled him to 27 and thinking of going all the way… I also have Tryostronix on my team, level 24, but Gorgosuchus is my personal favorite! When set up correctly, he can virtually one-shot most of his opponents!

5 Likes

I didn’t find Tryo to be effective until it got to lvl 22 when it was at least 1 or 2 levels above team level. It’s 24 now and very effective.

3 Likes

My First love :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Mine is Level 17 and dies in two hits.

You’re not setting him up correctly…

3 Likes

Yep, that’s why it’s my favourite too.
Can oneshot Tryko if you guess invincibility turn.

Took mine to L30.

5 Likes

Depends what you go up against. Some dinosaurs can just chomp it but for a good lot you should go first and put a lot of damage on them.

Unfortunately my Gorgosuchus Ferocious Strike rarely works :smiley:

Ah good old Gorgosuchus, probably my most compelling hybrid for me, on one hand, I love Gorgosaurus, it’s a blue Trex in my eyes, and blue is one of my favorite colors so it’s really hard for me to pour his DNA into Gorgosuchus, but on the other hand, I absolutely love Gorgosuchus’s damage output. Overall, I did unfortunately drop Gorgosuchus for Trystonix who I really like, might consider throwing him back on my team in the future but for short term he’ll probably stay on the bench.

1 Like

Fancy sharing your thoughts on her in the Gorgosaurus thread? No one seemed to want to comment on that one.

The 1.7 update boosted Gorgosuchus damage from 1360 to 1400. A small but welcome boost.

This one is still on my team now at level 20.

4 Likes

Mine is now level 29, but off my team… Regretfully, was replaced by the rat, cause he was too slow… Really looking forward to the speed boosts… May become usable again… I really love this hybrid!

That is the ultimate issue with Gorgosuchus. It’s great up to about 20th but after that it is just too slow to really compete.

1 Like