Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #53 - Gorgosuchus

Yes I realize I’m reigniting a very old thread but I wanted to put this here because I’m sooo proud of him.

Buster, the Gorgosuchus.

2 Likes

Does anyone use Gorgosuchus anymore? I haven’t seen one for ages.

1 Like

I’ve run into one other L30 in the arena. I will likely get my speed up one more tier to stay ahed of the new batch of 143 thors.

3 Likes

For the longest time I have had this one as a staple on my team. Yes Gorgosuchus definitely pulled through when I needed it to.

1 Like

Woa ankyloco at max level? Is it good?

It needed boosting to 6 health and 6 attack, and even then it’s still only good against utarinexes and dilos up to about L28 depending on boosts, can handle magna pretty well to up to about L27. I’ve always been a fan, so why not?

That team is my experiment for the month. No tyrants (as defined by gamepress).

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Rarity: Epic.
Tier: Alpha High.
Health: 3600.
Damage: 1440.
Speed: 120.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 20%

Defence Shattering Strike.
Ferocious Strike.
Defence Shattering Rampage.
Cleansing Impact.

Since release Gorgosuchus has had a bit of a damage increase but has otherwise remained the same. I still really like this hybrid and if I was still using hybrids, I’d include this one just for the sheer amount of damage she can put out. She’s a chomper pure and simple.

Anyone have any thoughts on how well she does or doesn’t hold up under the meta these days?

Gorgosuchus

Rarity: Epic.
Tier: Alpha High.
Health: 4350.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 120.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 30%

Fierce Strike.
Group Ferocity Strike.
Fierce Rampage.
Cleansing Impact.

Resistant to speed decrease (100%) and vulnerable (50%).

For some strange reason Gorgosuchus has seen a hefty health increase but a significant decrease in damage since 2.0 dropped. I guess this is to go along with the changes to her abilities under the new edition and in increase in her critical percentage but it’s a shame to see her come down on her game. Don’t get me wrong, Gorgosuchus is still a nice powerhouse but I’m not sure why she needed a downsizing. Oddly though I cannot remember for the life of me when I last saw her being used in the Arena and I thought I would still see her. What am I missing?

Gorgosuchus could be a suitable Raid creature against the right boss. She has the damage and the health. As with many hybrids I see there being options.

What are your thoughts on Gorgosuchus after the 2.0 update and how would you use her now?

2 Likes

My unboosted L30 used to have 1740 damage before the 2.0 nerf. Now she only has 1215, so once again the long grind to max level has been negated somewhat. I still use her in advantage tournaments, but she was much more fun to use before the nerf!

2 Likes

Agreed. I still see her in tournaments. Maybe that’s her designated niche now?

2 Likes

Mostly used for AoE team buff, but still an ok to they choice

2 Likes

Gorgo is a beefy speedy chomper. It does quite well, but it should have an extra turn of ferocity. That wasn’t cool taking away the 3 turns

5 Likes

I feel the decel immunity was necessary for a type of dino that gorgo is, fast ferocious-fierce. But I’m sad to see such a harsh damage nerf. Now she can’t function as a high damage sweeper anymore. I’d much prefer If she got a small HP nerf and damage buff to get that niche back. It seems to me like gorgo and meg had swaped their HPs this update. Meg is weird as heck with so little health as a counter attacker with 0 armor.
Not to mention that the ferocious boost only lasts one turn after being used, It should at least last as much as the previous ferocious strike. It’s so much worse than ready to crush in raids too…

5 Likes

Having such a huge damage nerf and getting 2 turns of FS really did a number on gorgo. It’s gotten to the point where I’ve considered removing him from my team because he just doesn’t have the damage anymore.

3 Likes

She used to be one of my main damage dealers but id probably not use her now.

2 Likes