Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #54 - Grypolyth

Dsungarip

Made from DNA from: Gryposuchus and Purrolyth.
Rarity: Unique.
Metahub Tier: Apex.
Health: 4020.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 106.
Defence: 20%
Critical chance: 5%

Defence Shattering Strike.
Ferocious Strike.
Lockdown Strike.
Long Protection.
Defence Shattering Counter.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

**Under 1.7 update Grypolyth is rebuilt as a “sustained rending counter attacker”. Ferocity Strike becomes Regeneration. Counterattack becomes **Rending Counter Attack **. Lockdown strike becomes **Immobilize **. HP increased to 4440.

A very nice boost to this one. Glad I’m probably only a couple months off completing this one.

Honestly I wanted Sarcorixis to be the unique crocodile. It looks cool and has a cool sounding name. Anyways, I’ve never really see people mention Grypolth so I’m assuming it’s bad. It does have a neat design I guess.

3 Likes

Don’t have this one, and I probably won’t get it for a loooooong time. I’d need to play it first, but otherwise, I’ll stick to Megalosuchus as my counter-pinning dino.

1 Like

Well, in theory I can see it being a good “dino”… But I still have a long way to create it.

1 Like

It’s an OK Dino. Not worthy of its unique standing though. Could do with a speed buff to make it worthwhile

2 Likes

It is good dino but will be easy kiled by defense shatter that have higher speed

1 Like

Under 1.7 update Grypolyth is rebuilt as a “sustained rending counter attacker”. Ferocity Strike becomes Regeneration. Counter attack becomes Rending Counter Attack . Lockdown strike becomes Immobilize . HP increased to 4440.

A very nice boost to this one. Glad I’m probably only a couple months off completing this one.

1 Like

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Metahub Tier: Apex High.
Health: 4440.

Defence Shattering Strike.
Immobilize.
Regeneration.
Long Protection.
Rending Counter.

The 1.7 update adjusted Grypolyth with a slightly different set of abilities and gave her a hefty boost to Health. That update has really changed the nature of the animal. Now I am not such a fan. Grypolyth just doesn’t deal enough damage to be worthwhile. She has become more of a nuisance rather than be a threat.

I have faced a few of them lately in the Arena and I’ve not been impressed. Despite the health they were taken down very easily. Has she changed as the meta has changed and been replaced? Do you still use her and if so, how does she work for you?

Can’t seem to edit the last post for some reason… but with the addition of No Escape, how do you feel Grypolyth fits in now? With so many swap out creatures in the game would this make her a more viable option now?

It’s awesome. The previous instant pin was almost useless. Killer combo with Hit and Runners and Swap In Stunners.

1 Like

That is how I feel. Immobilize does nothing unless you can anticipate them running and even then it isn’t worth the effort.

Dsungarip

Tier: Tyrant Low.
Health: 4200.

Group Cleansing Strike.
Immobilize.
Greater Emergency Heal.
Long Protection.
Rending Counter.
No Escape.

Resistant to stun (100%).

The 2.0 update has reduced Grypolyth’s health by a fair amount while leaving her remaining stats unchanged. In her abilities she has lost a defence shattering strike in favour of a less useful group cleansing strike. I don’t see how she can be rated as Tyrant tier at all. Grypolyth doesn’t have enough damage nor are her abilities all that useful by herself. She remains a nuisance opponent and nothing else.

Although she has a group cleansing basic attack, Grypolyth is not suitable Raid material in my mind for the same reasons stated above. There are better options.

What are your thoughts on Grypolyth after 2,0 and how would you use her now? :crocodile:

Basic closer/speed bump, but 2 turn heal is nice, especially with the way Grypo was built

1 Like

I like Grypolyth, but I’m not as enthusiastic about her as some other players. She’s so slow that by the time she gets that shield up, she’s already taken a huge hit. True, she can regenerate, but having to use that immediately after setting up a shield can still leave her open to attack. Not to mention the new rend resistance, which makes her useless against certain cunning critters like Quetzorion and Magna (both of which are rampant in library).

1 Like

Grypo is still a top tier 100%. It gained an immunity to stuns, which is big for a counter attacker. However, this also means a grypo vs grypo match can go on forever. I found grypo to be really helpful against creatures like dio, mammolania, and even quetzorion who got hurt by the regular hits. Plus having a 2 turn cooldown on regen AND immobilize makes grypo a top tier

1 Like