Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day # 56 - Hatzegopteryx

Dsungarip

This is the first of the Hateg trio known, and was one of the most massive flying animals in existence. Hatzegopteryx thambema, the only member of is genus, was named by Buffetaut and co-workers in 2002 on the basis of the back of the skull and part of the left humerus.

Since then, many more remains were found and a complete picture of the animal began to emerge at last. The skull of this creature, for example, was gigantic and heavily-built – up to 2.5 meters long or so – while the whole animal was thought to be equal or possibly bigger in height and wingspan than the largest Quetzalcoatlus.

Early estimations of its wingspan were as high as 12 meters, with the humerus being much larger than its relative. Recently though it was whittled down.

In terms of wingspan, the two had the same width, 10 meters from tip to tip. But the Romanian giant was still very much heavier, as suggested by the massive construction of its skull.

Rarity: Common.
Metahub Tier: Hatchling.
Health: 4500.
Damage: 1140.
Speed: 114.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

DNA can be used for: Darwezopteryx.

Impact and Run.
Superiority Strike.
Swap-in Defence.

So, thoughts on this Pterosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

Dinosaur of the Day #62 - Darwezopteryx
Is it me or is Hatzegopteryx really BIG?

I’m not a fan of this one. It showcases why I don’t like how pterosaurs play in general. Not great stats and the abilities are a bit weak. There are better dinosaurs to include but at least since the 1.6 update there is a potential new hybrid to come out of it.