Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #58 - Indominus Rex

Indominus-Rex

Indominus rex was the latest attraction in Jurassic World. The hybrid was created by combining the genetic traits of multiple species. Some of the known species that were used in the creation of the hybrid are Tyrannosaurus Rex, Velociraptor, Carnotaurus, Giganotosaurus, Majungasaurus, Rugops, Deinosuchus, and Therizinosaurus as well as modern animals like cuttlefish, tree frogs, and a pit viper snake.

Made by DNA from : Tyrannosaurus Rex and Velociraptor.

Rarity: Legendary.
Tier: Apex.
Health: 4200.
Damage:1270.
Speed: 107.
Defence: 0%
Crit: 20%

DNA can be used for Indoraptor and erlidominus.

Armour Piercing Impact.
Armour Piercing Rampage.
Armour Piercing Strike,
Cloak.
Immunity.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

6 Likes
Dinosaur of the Day #59 - Indoraptor
Dinosaur of the Day #142 - Velociraptor
Dinosaur of the Day #137 - Tyrannosaurus Rex

The Indominus is a really good hybrid but one that has been let down over time. The play of Indominus is to cloak and then use the quadruple damage damage attack to take down an opposing dinosaur. The problem is that there are two counters which are far too commonplace - swapping to something like Alankylosaurus with a swap-in invulnerability or using a dinosaur with a nullify ability, which does away with both the cloak and the quadruple damage. It should be a counter to the cloak and not the extra damage. Basically they have made it a good hybrid but one that has received far too much in the way of countering.

3 Likes

And the dna can be used for erlidominus

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

No problem dude

2 Likes

Indominus Rex, my third legendary, and by far one of my most disliked legendary. Now, I don’t hate it, but I also just don’t like it. It has a good moveset and a nice combo with cloak + Apr, but as you stated, there’s many common counters to it. Needless to say, I still use it as it’s one of my highest leveled dinosaurs at level 20. Currently all my Indominus Rex DNA is going towards Indoraptor who I created about 2 or so days ago ^-^

My little brother on the other hand, loves this thing to death, it’s all he talks about lol

4 Likes

I completed my Indoraptor last week as well. :slight_smile:

I’ve got my Indom up to 21st level now but until I can get the rest of my team up to that level she won’t get any more.

My biggest grumble is that she didn’t need all these counters. Indom is a one trick pony so why not let her have her way?

3 Likes

As was said before and above indominus is very very situational. Not a good Dino for opening with for sure.

But…

She is actually very good for tower fighting.

The A I has yet to learn how to counter her . So you can do the cloak and smash. But it is alot of t Rex DNA for that.

3 Likes

Well on my point of view, Indominus Rex is a really good hybrid and very balanced.

I run a 29 indom in battles as a lead, and I perform very well. For sure there are many dinos that can counter him by nullifly/SIA invincibility/Invincibility but still, he performs well on the bleeders and other dinosaurs that are not able to direct counter him.

2 Likes

If used in the right situation she is a beast especially when cloak works. I usually start with her and cloak immediately (even if dodge doesn’t work she’s able to survive the two hits).

2 Likes

Absolutely! Indominus has won me quite a few Epic towers that I might not have been able to take down otherwise.

At where I am, I consider Indominus to be one of my more desirable team members.

I only use Cloak half of the time, since more people quickly switch out to Monostego or Monolometro. She causes some serious damage to my opponent most of the time, especially if that happens and I haven’t cloaked. Many people assume that cloak will be used right away.

She’s also the reason I still carry Alankylo around. So many times I would have been wiped out by her, if it wasn’t for that little armored birdy.

1 Like

I’ve had to start using Alan too. I’d rather not but for the same reason everyone takes them against me. :frowning:

1 Like

Oh boy, my favorite hybrid by a long shot and one I refuse to switch out, no matter what.

So, where do I start? As stated above, she can be countered pretty harshly and over the patches, she got hurt more and more. She still performs fantastic, but I personally wouldn’t mind if she had access to defense shattering strike. That way she would essentially have Defense shattering rampage for a cost of two spells in dire situations or take damage for getting rid of a shield. Cause as much as I would love to see defense shattering impact on her, that paired with cloack seems like a pretty broken combo… But strike? I wouldn’t say so.

Thing is, on even levels, I-Rex eats up Monostegotops with Rampage + Impact if Mono doesn’t crit.

Alankylosaurus is a different matter, it has so many Shields that your best bet is switching to another dinosaur.

Tragodistis is another interesting case. If it faces you head on, go Impact into Rampage and it dies. If the player knows what he is doing, he will Long Invincibility the Rampage. But then if you cloack and dodge its Rampage, the shield will be down by the time you attack and can kill it.

Sadly kiting Suchotator, Magnapyrritor and Tanycolagreus are no longer possible with the Nullifying Impact change. With Suchotartarsauce, you go impact into rampage and hope for the best. The other two just straight up murder Domdom.

That being said, she does reasonably well (unless RNG decides to hate you in that particular match) against Erlidominus, Diloracheirus, Utarinex, Indoraptor, Utahsinraptor… So that is huge.

Even Stegodeus at even levels. You just need to predict and kite around the shield. Then you are golden.

1 Like

The 1.7 update increases Indominus Rex’s damage from 1270 up to a nice 1300. Not a big boost but a nice to see it get a little love.