Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

DNA can be used for: Hatzegopteryx and Darwinopterus

Defence Shattering Impact.
Instant Invincibility.
Superiority Strike.
Swoop.
Swap-in Wound.

So, thoughts on this hybrid pterosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

3 Likes

Darwezopteryx actually looks to be not too bad for a pterosaur. I may be wrong but is this the first one we have that could be a shield breaker? Plus two bleed abilities.

1 Like

Pteranodon could break shield with his counter, but has far too little health to pull it off.

2 Likes

Thanks. I wasn’t sure whether there was or not.

Is anyone close to this hybrid or have it already? I’m a long way off until I can get a shed load of Darwinopterus DNA.

Don’t have this guy. Haven’t even unlocked Darwino yet. Doesn’t look too bad, but I haven’t seen anyone use him against me in battle yet so I can’t give a definitive answer.

1 Like

I am close to get this

1 Like

So, of the new hybrids do you think this one is worth going for right away or wait till you have enough DNA?

I have it to lvl 20 already. I haven’t used it in battle because I am going for Stygidaryx. Looking at move sets, I think the stygi hybrid is better then vexus.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but Pteranodon can’t break shields with his counter, it was with his basic strike attack, I guess I wasn’t paying much attention :sweat_smile: anyways, both Tupandacylus and Dsungariptus (The rare Pterosaur who also has Swap In Ferocity, Sorry if I’m butchering his name) can also break shields with their basic strike. I could’ve swore that Pteranodon had Defense Shattering Counter before tho? Did he get changed in some update or am I remembering something else?

1 Like

Maybe. I have the same problem here when the stats get changed. I lose track and if I try to update, I’ll either get flagged or I will end up flooding the main page with back posts. :persevere:

Nope, Pteranodon used to have a standard x1 counter. That got updated to AP counter at the same time as a few other counter attack dinos.

1 Like

Finally faced one of these this morning in the Arena and I was quite impressed with how it played. Now if only I could get some Darwinopterus to make one, I’d be happy.

Have it but never used it.

The 1.7 update gave Darwezopteryx a boost in health from 3990 to 4200 and bumped it’s speed from 123 to 127.

A nice boost. Does it make it more worthwhile though? Thoughts?

It made me creat it. It’s going on my team. With a few tweaks it should be very good.

1 Like

I’d really like to see pterosaurs become a little bit more common so hopefully this will help with that.

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Rarity: Legendary.
Metahub Tier: Alpha Low.
Health: 4220.
Damage: 1050.
Speed: 127.

Superiority Strike.
Swoop.
Defence Shattering Impact.
Instant Invincibility.
Swap in Wound.

Not much has changed for Darweopteryx since launch other than a slight health and speed boost. She still seems to me to be a better pterosaur but not by much. She has some nice abilities and should serve well. However, in the last few months I would say that I have only faced one in the Arena less than four or five times whereas at the start of 2019 there were a few more. Has Darwezopteryx been replaced or what it never really as good as it looked on paper?

What are your thoughts on this one? Is this hybrid pterosaur still viable? What are your experiences?

Appropriately enough, I realised last night that I had enough spare DNA to create Darwezopteryx. I’ll never use her but she’s been added to the collection.

Rarity: Legendary.
Tier: Alpha Low.
Health: 4200.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 127.

Resilient Strike.
Minor Swoop.
Fierce Impact.
Instant Invincibility.
Swap in Wound.

Resistant to damage over time (100%).

Darwezopteryx has seen a small decrease in health and damage. I’d say though that the change to the abilities under 2,0 has made her slightly better than before. She remains a good pterosaur type creature and I have noticed an increase in her appearances in the Arena compared to before the new update, so she definitely has a purpose now.

I don’t think any pterosaur is suitable for Raids at the moment and Darwezopteryx is no exception. I don’t even think she makes a good support option against the bosses.

What are your thoughts on Darwezopteryx after the 2.0 update and how would you use her now?

Very nice design and colours especially when over saturated

1 Like