Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #68 - Lythronax

Lythronax

Lythronax is an extinct genus of tyrannosaurid theropod dinosaur which lived around 80 to 78 million years ago in what is now southern Utah. The generic name is derived from the Greek words lythron meaning “gore” and anax meaning “king”. Lythronax was a large sized, moderately-built, ground-dwelling, bipedal carnivore, that could grow up to an estimated 9 m (30 ft) in length and weighed 2.5 tonnes (5,500 lb).

L. argestes is the oldest known tyrannosaurid, based on its stratigraphic position. It is known from a specimen thought to be from a single adult that consists of a mostly complete skull, both pubic bones, a tibia, fibula, and metatarsal II and IV from the left hindlimb, as well as an assortment of other bones. Its skull anatomy indicates that, like Tyrannosaurus, Lythronax had both eyes facing the front, giving it depth perception and like Tyrannosaurus, it possibly had binocular vision and extremely good senses of smell, hearing and night vision.

Rarity: Common.
Metahub Tier: Hatchling.
Health: 3900.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 104.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

DNA can be used for: Purrolyth.

Long Protection.
Pinning Strike.
Counter Attack (1).

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

4 Likes
Dinosaur of the Day #97 - Purrolyth

One of the very first dinosaurs I ended up using but was very quickly replaced as it’s not that great. Needed for it’s hybrid however so still worth grabbing when you see it.

1 Like

“DO NOT CATCH LYTHORNAX!” GamingBeaver 2018

3 Likes

Meh with the new feature of long distance supply drop grabbing… I shoot him. … Mostly cuz he is there.

His hybrid was fun to play for a while but didn’t last super long on my team.

1 Like

Aye. It’s always worth grabbing anything you can get your hands on.

One of my first dinos as well. Love the design, but ended up swapping them out quickly. I dart them for Purrolyth. Don’t use that one either, but a collector’s gotta do what a collector’s gotta do…

2 Likes

I haven’t seen a Lythronax in ages, nor have I gotten any from incubators in ages. I almost forgot this was in-game lol. Never really used it or it’s hybrid so uhh Idk what to say :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Outclass early in the game,but a bit better than his cousin majungasaurus!
at least all counter attacker theropods are bad in this game!

1 Like

Same here and then all of a sudden I’ll get several days where they are everywhere before they vanish again.

Can one shot an indoraptor

Isn’t that Tanny?

I live on, near, or a 20 min walk from 3 parks of various sizes and see them a bit, dart them once in a while. Then did the epic tower yesterday and…

1 Like