Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #69 - Magnapyritor

Created by DNA from: Pyroraptor and Dimetrodon.

Rarity: Unique.
Metahub Tier: Tyrant.
Health: 3600.
Damage: 1400.
Speed: 128.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 20%

Defence Shattering Rampage.
Defence Shattering Strike.
Distracting Impact.
Nullifying Impact.
Immunity.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

6 Likes
Dinosaur of the Day #101 - Pyrritator

Far too difficult to create and while it’s attacks aren’t bad, I’ve seen comments that some players don’t see as being of much worth. I’ve only seen it once or twice in the Arena.

1 Like

No weaknesses of this guy found, yet

1 Like

I’ve wanted this thing since I started playing this game, but I never see enough of the rare Irritator around me so I had to give up on that dream and start chasing after other(s).

2 Likes

It’s a Swiss army knife, basically.
Can handle almost all opponents well, but don’t automatically win you the game.

Usually you will be killing one and chipping away some hp on the next creature, before dying yourself.

Tbh I really love the jack of all trades nature of this guy. I’d say now him, Indoraptor, Utarinex are the pinnacle of Hybrid balance,where they are strong but don’t guarantee you to take down at least one and a half dino (looking at Diloracheirus, Trykosaurus and Erlidominus here).

2 Likes

Yeah, irritator being arena and event exclusive makes it hard to have it higher level… would be a competitor vs. indoraptor but its almost impossible having it at similar levels xD
But definitely one of my favorite dinos since the beginning, even before i could dream of creating it! So happy it got a buff!

3 Likes

Don’t have this one, but I’d love to have it on my team, just for the design alone.

1 Like

Mine is a 24 as of yesterday and like has been mentioned, super versatile. I love using him as a starter as most bring in bleeders. Really a pita to make and level though so his buff is more than appreciated.

2 Likes

It is now a Tyrant. The new Metahub tier list is out.

2 Likes

Yeah. And that has to be one of the 7-8 things I don’t think they have gotten right.

But oh well…

I’ll fight you. :wink:

1 Like

Fite me :stuck_out_tongue:

Not a lot of things cleanly can beat Tryko, Dilorachierus, Indo (with a tie), Rinex, Thor (without too many crits), and really just distract/smash most things in the arena. Magna getting distract improved it 200% because it made the low health make sense.

Run the numbers. It’s crazy good. Trouble is getting it to team level. But we don’t take that into consideration in the tier list.

2 Likes

Erlidom and proceratomimus are the only counters I can think of if they are the same level.

They are the only consistent ones, yup. Immunity + Distracting + Speed is a crazy combination.

I know you guys don’t take level disparity into account, as it should be.

Why I feel that Magnapyrritor isn’t the highest tier, because Erlidominus and Dracoce-RAT-OP-s can easily beat it (Draco needs minor setup) and it doesn’t combo-chain lock you down like Diloracheirus or Trykosaurus, nor does it give an unfair advantage like Dracoce-RAT-OP-s.

That, and the fact that multiple Apex creatures can beat it head on; Proceratomimus, Indoraptor, as you mentioned, Tenontorex, etc.

For me it feels exactly in the realms of Indoraptor. My whole team is on almost perfectly even levels, save from Diloracheirus and Proceratomimus (shall change by this week).

1 Like

Indoraptor needs at least 4G internet to beat magna consitently though, if they are the same level.

1 Like

I thought the tyrant list would be a little longer.

You need to get priority on just one action. You want to activate Cleansing impact as slow as humanely possible then mash Defense Shattering Rampage like a madman.

Meanwhile Magnapyritor needs to land both nullifying / distracting and defense shattering / the other impact quicker than Indo

For magna user against indo, a slower internet speed is preferred.