Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #74 - Megalosuchus

Megalosuchus

Made by DNA from: Megalosarus and Gorgosuchus.

Rarity: Legendary.
Metahub Tier: Apex.
Health: 4260.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 115.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Critical Impact.
Ferocious Strike.
Pinning Strike.
Short Defence.
Armour Piercing Counter.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

5 Likes

Very hard to complete as Megalosaurus doesn’t appear all that often but it’s worth going for. While I don’t see it better than Gorgosuchus, it is still a very good hybrid and one that I’m trying to complete.

1 Like

She is amazing! Love that counter dmg. Lets say you start match with monostegotops and has only about 150hp left. Most likely you will je hit by 1x dmg. What you gonna do? You swap Meg in and your opponent will get counter dmg. This will most likely be followed by 1.5x or 2x dmg. So what you need to do is you change back to your first dino which in this case is Monostegotops with 150hp left.

6 Likes

Over half way to L30 :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Wow, I never ever want to put her in my team but your suggestion is brilliant! I clearly see her most advantage use case now. There are so many times my dying dino gave a free setup turn.

3 Likes

It was a time when I used it, but now I don’t see much place in a team for it. Rather leveling up Gorgo that has more damage and Cleanse.

Before 1.6 update battle quite a few Megalosuchus, but after 1.6 I still need to see one in arena.

2 Likes

It’s also good for that because it has good health so it can take the hit

2 Likes

The way I described it can be usually used twice in one match.

4 Likes

Megalosuchus is my heart and soul :revolving_hearts:
I’ve only drawn her in 2 of my last 23 matches, though :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Make it 3 of last 24. Next battle after my reply, she was drawn… and I won.

4 Likes

@Piere87 thought it might be me when a 29 came out not too long ago and she was right :blush:

2 Likes

LOVE this dino. Hugely underappreciated. With shield, he can even survive a cloaked rampage from Indom at a few levels higher provided there’s no crit.

2 Likes

The 1.7 update gave Megalosuchus an interesting upgrade. Her health increased from 4260 to 4500. Basic attack becomes Definite Strike. Critical Impact becomes Defense Shattering Impact.

With these changes, she might make an appearance in my team now. Once I did get Megalosuchus she turned out to be not that great - you obviously need to put some DNA into it and level her to worthwhile. Now, she might be worth trying out again.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

I’ve been using her since creation, and I’ve never felt that she wasn’t good. She had 295 HP taken over 2 separate updates. The 200 was a straight nerf, and the 95 was for APC.
With this update, she got a lot better. A lot.
I’m excited!!

3 Likes

I’m excited to see the difference. There will be so many changes and really hope it’s time to shine! Also a little concerned, being my only 30, that the matchmaking could get skewed. Sure hope not!

1 Like

@Ardens I think for me it was a case of just how good it was when used against me in the Arena but how poorly it fared once I had it. That could easily just been an issue with me but Gorgosuchus always outperformed it for me.

1 Like

When most everyone’s Indoms hit the benches is when I started to struggle to keep Meg on the team.

1 Like

I never used her well on my team either! It just made me rather use my Kaprosuchus DNA for Spinotasuchus TBH. :unamused:

1 Like

After all this time I still don’t have it :confused:

You’ll get one soon enough. :slight_smile:

1 Like