Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #74 - Megalosuchus

Yeah, I hope that 1.7 makes Megalosaurus easier to get, I don’t even know where it spawns right now :joy:

1 Like

I’m in zone 1 and during the day I see quite a few.

1 Like

@Heather did a great job writing a guide to help with Megs moves. If someone could include the link that would be great!

3 Likes

That would be cool. Thanks.

3 Likes

@Heather fantastic article :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Thanks guys, can’t actually take all the credit you have @Cighal to thank for most of that article :smiley:

3 Likes

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed

Rarity: Legendary.
Metahub Tier: Apex Mid.
Health: 4440.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 115.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Definite Strike.
Ferocious Strike.
Defence Shattering Strike.
Short Defence.
Armour Piercing Counter.

Megalosuchus has seen a small shift since her initial appearance. Health has improved and a couple abilities have changed. Even though she has received this slight improvement, I still find it unusual that she is worse than the hybrid which makes her, Gorgosuchus. Gorgosuchus is, in my opinion, the better of the two by a long short. But saying that, Megalossuchus seems to be going for something other than damage. However, I do again feel that there are better options among the legendary hybrids even from when she was first available.

What do you all think? Has Megalosuchus had her day or is she is hidden gem overlooked?

1 Like

I still don’t know how Megalosuchus is in Mid Apex. Low Apex or High Alpha seems way more appropriate. She loses everything that makes Gorgosuchus great for a… counter attack? Gorgosuchus seems like a way better choice to level up.

3 Likes

Yeah, she should inherit 120 speed and DSR from Gorgo

3 Likes

It definitely needs 120 speed, but I don’t know how I feel about defense shattering rampage. How about simply changing ferocious strike to ferocious impact?

1 Like

That could work. Should be better the creatures that make her. Especially as a legendary rarity.

1 Like

With DSR, Meg could revenge kill with FS, and then use boosted DSR-APC combo. That would make her strong but not overpowered. FI is also a good idea, but i think DSR would help her more. Maybe Meg should have both of these :thinking:. She still wouldn’t be broken I think

1 Like

I love her design so much, but she’s really not that good in combat. I would absolutely love to see her get a buff someday.

1 Like

Honestly there really is nothing we can do to make that better cause it can be a chomper but also have a full counter attacker. I feel gorgo should just fuse with something else to get it a worthy maybe unique hybrid

1 Like

Same here but we also still don’t understand how grypo is tyrant so guess we have to just take there word for it

1 Like

I wonder how the old Meg would fare after the Critical Impact buff, making the crit guaranteed. It does almost as much as a Rampage, and even more with the attack buff.

2 Likes

Megalosuchus

Rarity: Legendary.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 3600.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 109.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Group Cleansing Strike.
Group Ferocity Strike.
Fierce Impact.
Emergency Heal.
Armour Piercing Counter.

Resistant to speed decrease (100%) and vulnerable (50%).

Megalosuchus has taken a bit of a hit in the health and speed departments. Not sure why as she was fine as was before the recent updates. Her abilities have changed somewhat as well. She has lost her definite attack and her shields in favour of a cleansing strike and a healing ability. An interesting change to her really. Although she now heals herself, I still think that her parent Gorgosuchus is a better option.

Maybe the reason for the changes is to make Megalosuchus a possible option for Raids over the Arena? While she remains fair for a certain degree for regular play, is Megalosuchus a possible Raid creature? I’m finding it hard to find an appropriate niche for her now.

What are your thoughts on Megalosuchus after the recent updates and how would you use her now?

4 Likes

As a creature, I love her to bits. As a team member, she sadly falls short.

I would say her biggest flaw is that ridiculously low speed - considering what her profile describes her as along with Gorgo’s speed, she needs a speed boost. Nothing too fast, but she does need one before she can be a viable option for most teams.

I did use her in the recent legendary tournament, but I ended up replacing her before long.

2 Likes

Agreed. That speed decrease, from this side of the screen, doesn’t seem necessary at all. For a Legendary, she needs a damage increase as well.

1 Like