Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #77 - Monolophosaurus

Lythronax

Monolophosaurus (meaning “single-crested lizard”) is a genus of tetanuran theropod dinosaur from the Middle Jurassic Shishugou Formation in what is now Xinjiang, China. It was named for the single crest on top of its skull. Monolophosaurus was a mid sized carnosaurian carnivore at about 5 metres long.

A nearly complete skeleton of a theropod new to science was discovered by a Canadian-Chinese expedition in 1981. The fossil was unearthed until 1984. In 1987, before description in the scientific literature, it was referred to in the press as Jiangjunmiaosaurus, an invalid nomen nudum. In 1992 it was mentioned by Dong Zhiming as Monolophosaurus jiangjunmiaoi, and in 1993 by Wayne Grady as Monolophosaurus dongi. These latter names also lacked a description and therefore were nomina nuda as well.

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: Survivour.
Health: 3000.
Damage: 1260.
Speed: 127.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

DNA can be used for: Monoceratops and Monomimus.

Distracting Rampage.
Distracting Strike.
Nullifying Strike.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

2 Likes
Dinosaur of the Day #80- Monostegotops
Dinosaur of the Day #79 - Monomimus

A hard to find dinosaur around where I live and even then, I only use it for the DNA farming.

1 Like

I’ll try and draw one of these later

1 Like

Ah yes… mono.
Monolophosaurus got me far in the arenas. A distracting rampage + distracting strike was a nightmare for anyone that wants a cleanser or immune.
I still use his hybrid.
Good dino.

1 Like

I completely missed the Monomimus train and I’ve also had to pretty much give up on keeping Monostegotops relevant level-wise because I never see this dino. Every time I run into a Monostegotops in PVP, I daydream a little bit about what could have been…

3 Likes

There it is, i didn’t had a lighter brown so this is what I ended up drawing

3 Likes

My problem is that at one time it made frequent appearances and I was able to get my Monostegatops up to 17th, but since then I hardly see it and my main nullifier is slipping behind the rest of the team. :frowning:

Even at 21 my monostego stays relevant against the average lvl 24+ dinos I run into. It can still take out a 26 indoraptor with a slow, stun, nullify impact. High crit rate helps.

My monostego is still level 17.
Still in my team tho!

17 seems to be a magic number - that’s as far as I was able to carry my Monostegotops as well! :joy:

1 Like

I find this dino a bit on the elusive side and, since I’m more of a collector, is a real pain.

Truthfully, I want to level up Monostego more. But now that Monomimus has a hybrid, I’m going to be using all my Monolo DNA there instead. In terms of battle, this is a pretty good dino for mid-lower arenas.

1 Like

The 1.7 update increased Mono’s damage from 1260 to 1380. Not a bad little boost.