Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #78 - Monolophosaurus Gen 2

Lythronax

Monolophosaurus (meaning “single-crested lizard”) is a genus of tetanuran theropod dinosaur from the Middle Jurassic Shishugou Formation in what is now Xinjiang, China. It was named for the single crest on top of its skull. Monolophosaurus was a mid sized carnosaurian carnivore at about 5 metres long.

A nearly complete skeleton of a theropod new to science was discovered by a Canadian-Chinese expedition in 1981. The fossil was unearthed until 1984. In 1987, before description in the scientific literature, it was referred to in the press as Jiangjunmiaosaurus, an invalid nomen nudum. In 1992 it was mentioned by Dong Zhiming as Monolophosaurus jiangjunmiaoi, and in 1993 by Wayne Grady as Monolophosaurus dongi. These latter names also lacked a description and therefore were nomina nuda as well.

Rarity: Common.
Metahub Tier: Hatchling.
Health: 2400.
Damage: 1100.
Speed: 126.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

DNA can be used for: Monolometrodon.

Distracting Strike.
Nullifying Strike.
Swap In Distraction.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

3 Likes

This was one of those dinos that were useless.
Very related to dilo gen 2, mono gen 2 isnt that good. Useless in the lower arenas, I used this dino in all common friendly battles.
His hybrid is great. I don’t have it yet, but I dont plan on getting it.

1 Like

I see them quite frequently and have done for months but it’s not one that I would want on my team. Much like it’s main sister, Monolophosaurus G2 exists purely as a DNA for for it’s hybrid.

One of the worst creatures of the game,need a decent buff
I think,it should have an interesting powerup

1 Like

Not a very strong dino in my opinion, but the hybrid Monolometrodon is definitely interesting. With decent speed and a good set of abilities along with immunity, as well as being relatively easy to level up. I had actually used Monolometrodon on my team for a while before replacing it, and I must say it was useful in many situations.

2 Likes

There is a way to use it, but you’ll need another cunning creature before using it

1 Like

Eh, I agree that it’s really only useful for the DNA. Did try it once in Badlands… It didn’t last long.

1 Like

The 1.7 update reduced Mono G2’s health down from 2400 to 2370.