Dinosaur of the Day #8 - Ankylosaurus

Ankylosaurus

Ankylosaurus is an armoured herbivorous dinosaur from the late Cretaceous. It’s remains have been found in western North America. Ankylosaurus was about 20 feet long and weighed around 8 tonnes. It is characterized by a thick bony club on the end of it’s tail. It’s name means “fused lizard”.

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: Survivour.
Health: 4800.
Damage: 900.
Speed: 116.
Defence: 30%
Critical Chance: 5%

Vulnerability Strike,
Long Protection.
Instant Invincibility.

DNA used for: Ankyntrosaurus and Rajakylosaurus.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

Dinosaur of the Day #10 - Ankyntrosaurus

Not a bad dinosaur if you like tanks but I prefer my team dinosaurs to actually deal some damage. I for myself I found Euplocephalus a far better option.

I have to agree overall with you there. Euo has better armor, and - let’s face it - shows up a lot more often than Anky up there.

That aside, I basically only use Anky for her DNA. Once you get her to level 15 (which is no small feat, let me tell you), you really need to use her for either Ankyntro or the other one… the semi-useless flappy dragon thing, whose name eludes me at the moment…

Actually the Alankylosaurus uses Ankylosaurus Gen2 DNA. Rajakylosaurus is another good hybrid, however. And that and Akyntro both have fantastic uniques.

Sorry, my bad. I forgot that one. It’s easy to forget the gen2 variant of Anky even exists, until ludia throws literal herds of them at you during migration. LOL Map spam.

Anky gen 2 - useless except as DNA for Ankylocodon.

But yeah, i need to build me a rajanky.

Well that’s a lot of rubbish because I’ve seen far more alankylosaurus in the Aviary than I have Akylocodon…

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I actually find Alanky to be quite useful. Great counter to Irex with the swap in Invincibility. I should have mine up to a 20 soon.

alankylosaurus is an objectively better dinosaur than ankylocodon though. Higher rarity, far higher on the metahub tier list…

With the new meta dinos capable of ripping right through invulnerability, it loses a lot of its defensive capability, turning it into just a highly armored harasser.

I get what you’re saying about the rarity, but you can’t pick a solid dino based on rarity alone, or on how high-tier it is. There’s always something that comes along in the meta to make it useless.

It might not be totally worthless at the moment, but at the rate this meta is going, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if Alanky was made obsolete.

Anywho… Epic Anky seems to be just fusion material in the end. It’s not meant to be competitive for long as-is, although at lower levels it can still pack a wallop.