Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #80- Monostegotops

One of my favorite Dino.

1 Like

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Rarity: Legendary.
Metahub Tier: Apex High.
Health: 4200.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 117.
Defence: 30%
Critical chance: 20%

Distraction.
Dig In.
Greater Stunning Impact.
Slowing Impact.
Swap in Stunning Strike.

Since release Monostegotops has seen a drop in health and a complete reshuffle of abilities. At the time I really liked this hybrid and it was one of my favourites when I used them. Since the change to ceratopsians, I find I’m not a fan anymore. This used to be a good nullifier and counter type dinosaur. Although it used to be annoying, without a nullification ability I think she has now become a lot less useful which is a shame. I still see her from time to time in the Arena but not as frequent as she used to be.

What are your thoughts on Monostegotops in the modern meta?

1 Like

Monostego is more an annoying dino, sad if he keeps his stats and Nullifying impact he’ll be good against Indo gen2

1 Like

It took me nearly a year from Monosteg’s release to actually gather enough ingredients and make it. But once I created it, I decided to give it a go. Man, it did not disappoint. I was so happy, so I brought it up to team level. And when boosts came around, I boosted her up to become a monster.

But then the rework came around not too long afterwards. I was so mad, cause it seemed that I did all this work on a legendary that has actual power in the Arena just went down the drain, and it didn’t matter what I felt about it.

I still use it, but I’m sad to say that it is more of a… Pity usage? Or maybe frustration. I mean, before the rework, it was actually my highest leveled dino at the time. I guess I just felt that it didn’t feel right to put all that coin back in the deck unused. So I boosted Monosteg again. The attack is left to be strongly desired, but I think that I’ve somewhat adapted to the moveset.

2 Likes

I’m afraid my post a few months ago in the “Opinions Of: Monostegotops” thread jynxed her! :cry: (Opinions of: Monostegotops). Before she was indeed nerfed into oblivion she was one of my favorites with her nullifying ability. I boosted her and used her often with great success. I had her up to level 27 before the nerf hit. I’m still leveling her just in case she’s ever returned to her former glory as a nullifier in addition to distraction and stun. She now level 28.

2 Likes

Real shame. I’ve loved monostego for a long time… it’s a shame it got nerfed for no reason.

2 Likes

Possibly it got the nerf hammer due to Income Raptor. It would have been a great counter and most users already had one at a reasonably high enough level to deal with it. Users were less likely to spend on Income Raptor if everyone already had the counter to it.

1 Like

Monolophosaurus never spawned around work or home, so I was very excited to finally get enough of its DNA in order to make a team-level Monostegotops (this is WAY after the Monomimus nerf, mind you, so I felt completely safe using the component DNA for Mono-tops), only to have the Ceratopsian family get their “Dig-In” overhaul. Even though I hear good things about its new kit, the old one was just so much fun to play bc it felt like it would win match-ups that it probably had no place winning - that said, the previous statement is likely why it got down-tuned so much!

2 Likes

Hmm, I wonder if that’s why my beloved Ardentismaxima can no longer do this?

I find it interesting that Monostegotops and Ardentismaxima have had that ability to bypass cloak/evasive removed :money_mouth_face: :crazy_face: :poop:

2 Likes