Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #84 - Nundasuchus

Lythronax

Nundasuchus (meaning Predator Crocodile) is a genus of archosaurian predator that lived in Tanzania during the mid Triassic.‭ ‬Nundasuchus lived at a point in the Triassic that was the golden age for large archosaurian predators,‭ ‬and like other similar animals was probably an ambush predator of relatively slow moving herbivores such as dicynodonts.‭ ‬At this time the immediate ancestors of the dinosaurs were already roaming the land,‭ ‬and developing into more and more advanced forms as the Triassic moved on.‭ ‬By the end of the Triassic,‭ archosaurs like Nundasuchus and related genera were largely replaced by the Dinosaurs as top predators on land.

Members of this genus were carnivores, around 2.7 to 3 meters (9 feet) long, with ziphodont (steak knife-like) teeth and rows of bony plates (osteoderms) along their back. Nundasuchus was discovered by Dr. Sterling Nesbitt in 2007 but not named until 2014.

Rarity: Common.
Metahub Tier: Scavenger.
Health: 3000.
Damage: 1490.
Speed: 128.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Ferocious Strike.
Strike.

DNA used for: Einiasuchus and Majundasuchus.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

2 Likes

In the early days of your gamming it is an easy to level up quick relatively strong dino. It can help carry you to more mid level arenas. But, it quickly becomes a breeder for einosuchus and thusly sarcroxis. Both of which are leagues better than nunda.

Latter as you play if you wish to “over level” it then it can become a real hassle to play against… But mostly I think that is because it is outside of the norm for most people.

Early on in my game on my team he was an opening dino or one that I brought on after to match a dino he was strong against.

1 Like

That is something I am noticing more and more as I do these DotD posts, and that is the number of dinosaurs that exist purely for the sake of being DNA farms rather than being worthwhile in their own right.

Not to go too far off topic but…

It’s not that they solely exist for dna, it’s just like the meta hub article said there are no useless dinosaurs just some become more and more niche as you progress higher in arenas.

Nunda is one like that. His role becomes more narrow on your team

1 Like

I think the real problem with JWA is that there isn’t a big enough variety of end game dinos. That’s why later arenas are so boring for a lot of people - it’s the same dinosaurs over and over again because not many dinosaurs are powerful enough to fight there. Back in lower arenas, there’s a huge variety.

Back on the subject of Nunda, pretty powerful in lower arenas. Heck, I’ve been surprised to see them on rare occasions in the Ruins.

2 Likes

For quite a while he was on my team in the early zones because he was fast and he was one of the few dinosaurs that liked to camp out near my place of living.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily think it’s a lack of end game Dino’s. I think it’s just that there is a limited number of general purpose Dino’s that cross role boundries. Most non hybrid Dino’s have only one thing that they do well like nunda. Nunda is good for quick strike with some power to it. It could definitely put out about 2 good attacks against non armored non shielded Dino’s. But since it’s role is so narrow people don’t level it and it gets forgotten

1 Like

I’ll draw one

I don’t regret leveling Nundy (that’s what I named mines) up to 17, about to be 18. It’s my favorite common and I love using it on friendly battles with my little brother.

I posted the wrong dinosaur, here’s the real drawing

4 Likes

In the 1.7 update Nundasuchus saw her damage increased from 1490 to 1530. Not a bad boost at all. Other than entry level players, I still don’t see it being played. Still just a DNA farm unfortunately.