Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #86 - Ornithomimus

Lythronax

Ornithomimus was a dinosaur which lived approximately 76 million years ago during the late Cretaceous Period. It was first discovered in 1889 around Denver, Colorada. The following year, it was examined and named by Othniel C. Marsh. He named it Ornithomimus—which means “bird mimic.”

Ornithomimus was a dinosaur which looked very much like an ostrich. It had a toothless beak, a long neck but small head, big eyes and long legs. It also had hollow bones just like birds do. It was about 12 feet long, 6 feet tall and probably weighed around 300 pounds.

An interesting fact about Ornithomimus is that it is quite likely that this dinosaur could run really fast. After all, it was shaped much like a modern ostrich, and those birds can run pretty fast as well. It’s long legs probably gave it quite a bit of speed and agility. Some paleontologists have estimated that Ornithomimus probably had a top speed of around 40 miles per hour.

This dinosaur was also most likely an omnivore—meaning that is ate both plants and animals. Which isn’t really surprising considering that most birds are also omnivores and this dinosaur does resemble a bird. It probably ate seed ferns, fruits, insects and maybe even some mammals and reptiles.

Rarity: Rare.
Metahub Tier: Apex.
Health: 2700.
Damage: 1400.
Speed: 131.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Evasive Strike.
Impact and Run.
Instant Distraction.
Immunity.

DNA can be used for: Procerathomimus .

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

1 Like
Dinosaur of the Day #93 - Procerathomimus

Considering the sort of dinosaur this was, it doesn’t have a bad set of stats. Fast and with reasonable damage. Is it an Apex dinosaur though? No. Absolutely not. I think that is giving it too much credit. What do you think?

1 Like

BECKY!!! yey

I agree 100%

1 Like

3 Likes

I really enjoyed having Ornithomimus on my team for quite a while, but since the hybrid came in I’ve switched to the Procerathomimus. Evasive Strike and Immunity helped me a lot during the “every single team has Suchotator” phase JWA went through a couple of months back. As I’m writing this I find myself thinking maybe Ornitho has some advantages over Proceratho, since Evasive Stance seems to work only 15% of the time and does no damage, vs the more reliable and useful Evasive Strike.

1 Like

I have to say, I never expect how hard this dino can hit until I’m facing a high-level one in a Strike Event and it’s just ruinating me by dodging or being immune. I know it’s a “glass cannon” type of dino, and yet it gets me every time…

1 Like

Absolutely. It can be decent damage dealer with it’s ability package and especially at high levels in the strike events. I think it is better in this regards than as something you might include on a team though.