Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #89 - Paramoloch

Created by DNA from: Parasaurolophus and Stygimoloch.

Rarity: Legendary.
Metahub Tier: Alpha.
Health: 4800.
Damage: 1130.
Speed: 126.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

DNA can be used for: Tuoramoloch.

Greater Stunning Strike.
Instant Charge.
Rampage and Run.
Strike.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

3 Likes

I like this hybrid a lot. It is a frequent member of my team although it does get swapped out now and again to test other dinosaurs.

In a way this what I think Dracoceratops wanted to be like as opposed to the swap in rampage.

I am not a fan of the vanilla strike on turn 1. Since it is only having stunning strike and instant charge, I don’t really see a reason why it couldn’t have superiority strike.

Other than that, it’s an alright dinosaur, but the lame turn 1 is hurting it quite a lot.

2 Likes

Didn’t it have something like that when it was first released? I vaguely remember it having a fast or priority stun as it’s first attack.

It only had the Minor Stunning Strike (20% stun) before the stun rework.

Thanks. I couldn’t remember just that they did change something.

1 Like

One of my favourites, the first legendary that I unlocked I still use it from time to time.

1 Like

Have her. I prefer to use her when my opponent is really weak, so I can strike the new dino with two stunning attacks. Sometimes the team aligns so I can use Rampage and Run and switch straight to the dreaded rat :smirk:

I’m getting close to getting Tuoramoloch, but I keep getting heaps of Alanqa DNA in my 8 hour incubators which is slowing the process down…

I sometimes have her in my team, but I’ve swapped her out at the moment for Pyrittator to see how it goes.

2 Likes

I like her a lot - leveling her up to begin Tuoramoloch, and have one more level to go. Thank God for this event; Tuo is finally gonna have enough DNA to be level 20 ^^3

Anyway, I like her health and power. She can even wear down some tanks if she’s stunning them enough. I wonder if her value as a tank would be better if she has Shielding Strike instead of a normal one…? What do you guys think? Superiority Strike or Shielding Strike?

3 Likes

Shielding strike would be great as well. And then Paramoloch and Touramoloch would have different identity.

I love that idea.

2 Likes

This is one of the dinosaurs I have not prioritized. Is it worth getting or should I focus on other dinosaurs first?

http://ludia.gg/EG1901

6 Likes

IMO it is worth it and quite underrated, She has good health/damage and 2 stun moves one of them priority.

2 Likes

The only thing stopping me from using this is that it only has basic strike on the first turn. Why couldn’t it have Shielding Strike (Styggy Parent) or Soup Strike (Para Parent) why just a basic strike :confused: I do dread fighting it though has it has high life and the R&R hurts

1 Like

Thanks! 10101

1 Like

Thanks for the :egg: :grinning:

To actually reply to your question… IMO I wouldn’t over-invest in her. I would get her up level 20 and keep her DNA (and coins) for the Turoa - keep the unique end-game in sight. Turoa is a weak unique at the moment, sure, but she’ll be balanced in time. It is hard to get Stigi DNA now that so many other incubator-only creatures are in the mix, so spend the DNA wisely :wink:

2 Likes

I understand how useful this dino can be - RNG notwithstanding - but it was the bane of my existence for so long that I’ve never actually used it despite having leveled one up to 18.

1 Like

Thank you @ResearchGirl I’ll keep that in mind.

2 Likes

Right one this time…

The 1.7 update made the following changes:

• Damage reduced from 1200 to 1110.
  • Tweak this creature to be more of a “sustain teamplay tank” . Strike becomes Shielding Strike. Rampage and Run becomes Regenerate and Run. Greater Stunning Strike becomes Greater Stunning Impact.

Now it’s good
Also, the update is going to make Paramoloch from an useless lucky stunning tank to an annoying shielding stunning creature

1 Like

Now this is what I like to see. Shielding Strike in the hizouse!

Imma use the leveling stat system to increase her attack and health… And maybe a couple speed points. She’s cool for me, and I can’t wait to try her new moveset out.

That regenerate and run will be a godsend for her - she’s gonna need it since we got more bleeders.

And that impact move will be a good thing for her as well. Shame that the Rampage is gone, but at least they gave the impact move to her, otherwise, I’d be unsatisfied with the trade off.

1 Like