Dinosaur of the Day #93 - Procerathomimus

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: Apex.
Health: 2700.
Damage: 1400.
Speed: 131.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Created from DNA of: Proceratosaurus and Ornithomimus.

Distracting Rampage.
Evasive Stance.
Instant Distraction.
Nullifying Strike.
Swap in Nullification.
Immunity.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

4 Likes
Dinosaur of the Day #94 - Proceratosaurus

Yoshi! I don’t run it on my team, but can be a pain to deal with when I don’t have a good counter for it. It’s speed is awesome and the distracting and evasive allows it to survive longer than you think. I wish the swap in nullify was more useful. It’s a great idea, but Procera will often take a huge hit and die before the nullify becomes useful.

It’s a great indor counter though and the 131 speed makes it a great clean up Dino.

4 Likes

A very good hybrid but certainly not Apex tier. It doesn’t have the damage output or right abilities for that. But it is still a better option now than Monomimius or the other bird mimics.

2 Likes

all hail to MEGA Becky

4 Likes

I’m surprised there isn’t more discussion on this one.

1 Like

Really strong,and im afraid,yeah its an apex.
He don’t have this much health but deal insane ammount of dmg and of course when he is on evasive stance,if you lack nullifying ability,you are screw

3 Likes

I come across this dino in Lockdown from time to time… Yeah, not an Apex. Such a small amount of hp leaves this one vulnerable in higher arenas. I’ve never needed to use a nullifier to beat it. Dropped down once to try it in lower arenas, it’s really hurt by that hp.

2 Likes

Had her for a while but had to take her out since if evasive doesn’t work she is dead in one hit.

3 Likes

At lvl 25+ it could do some serious damage. I experienced it during friendly battles. It easily kill Thora, magna, dilo, Indo, spinota. I think it’d be better if it had hit and run move from orni.

4 Likes

I have enough trouble dealing with cloak/evasive strike not working on dinos that CAN take a hit or two, so the glass cannon dinos never did it for me. (Also, I never got anywhere near enough Monolophosaurus DNA to make Monomimus, so I never got that initial “taste” of rng…)

2 Likes

And that is why I don’t think she is an Apex dinosaur. Anything that dies so easily to one hit isn’t strong enough to be that high up the tiers.

1 Like

It is certainly Apex tier. It’s basically a glass version of Trykosaurus, it can seriously mess with your head, if the player knows what it is doing.

Carnage Cassowary butchers Diloracheirus, Utarinex, Magnapyritor, I-Rex, Utahsinraptor, Tanycolagreus, all other raptors straight.

With not outrageously bad RNG, it also makes quick work out of Indoraptor and Thoradolosaurus, 50/50 Erlidominus and with just a bit over 50% luck, Trykosaurus.

It’s a really brutal dinosaur. Granted, I have been heavily outplayed to the point that I lost it without dealing any damage, but it can also wipe 3 dinosaurs if you play your cards right and RNG is kind to you.

4 Likes

Procera was the answer to my troubles with Spinotasuchus, who was running around rampant after 1.5 as an opener. Couldn’t make any meaningful progress out of Lockwood until 1.6. Even at low levels below 20 Procera easily defeated much higher level Spinos. When evasive is working, she even mangles Indo and Erli. Against Magna, it’s a 2-shot win, depending on levels. I can see why Procera is currently in teams on 4 of the top 6 in the tournament.

4 Likes

She is back on my team almost level 19 so far so good :slight_smile:

1 Like

sorry im late for this thread. but:
i leveled it to 20 and still dispensable.

the main problem i found using it… the dracorat. it cant survive a swap in bite.
too low health to face some dinos, and have to count on dodge luck (if opponent doesnt have the rat).

without dracodevil, would be an excellent option.

1 Like

Actually I think it’s an advantage in that Procera usually lures any Dracorats out very early in the match. Especially if you start off with procera. Now you can squash the rat early or at least have a more strategic gameplan later on.

2 Likes

3 Likes

No problem. I want these topics to be something we can keep coming back to discuss the dinosaurs. :slightly_smiling_face:

well… im doing wrong about it so…

seems so weak for me. it seems i have to count on dodge luck forever. nullify is good for… nullify hehe, but its low damage move to get a high damage after.
and the other move, distract with higher damage has a cooldown.

anyway, distractions are useless against immunes like indominus.

indoraptor: has cleanse against distract and powerful damage against procera.

some dinos can be beaten by procera, but for many, i feel like i only has 1 move before die or has to start lucky dodge thing.

by the way… swap in nullify is useless.

:thinking:

1 Like

The 1.7 update increased Procerathomimus health from 2700 to 3000.